Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are you talking about your baby's penis on facebook?...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this

It drives me nuts when people do this. Facebook isn't for posting everything that goes on in your life! There are things that you shouldn't say on there. It's just annoying when people post a million posts a day, post about arguements they have with their SO, or when they bash them on there, or post just WAY too much about their personal life on there.. It's a whole nother level when they start putting up TMI posts about their kids though.. A facebook friend of mine (old high school acquaintance) posted a million posts when she was in the hospital having her son last week.. one post that really caught my attention though was when she said that she was just relaxing getting ready to eat while her son was "getting his penis cut off"... Apparently he was circumcised, no need to announce it to the world!! And today she posted about his dr appt saying that his penis was healed..... ok? If you  must post something about his dr appt today, just say it went well and he's perfectly healthy, why say anything about a baby's penis.. seriously? What are some over the top posts that you have seen on facebook, and do you agree that posting about your baby's penis is inappropriate for facebook?

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats a bit much to share... I rarely go on facebook. I use it to mainly stay in contact with family that dont live around me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM
2 moms liked this

It sounds like you're the one with the hangups about genitals.

newmom3917
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM

That's mostly what I use it for. I have family in Texas and California, and sometimes it can be hard to keep in touch with what's going on, and now they can kind of be a part of my son's life even though they aren't here:-(

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Thats a bit much to share... I rarely go on facebook. I use it to mainly stay in contact with family that dont live around me.

newmom3917
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Oh, absolutely. I love reading about her son's penis on facebook. (Sarcasm) Sorry that I just think there are some aspects of life that don't need to be aired to the public;-)

Quoting EireLass:

It sounds like you're the one with the hangups about genitals.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Umm Facebook IS for exactly what your friend is using it for. If you don't like it, unfriend her. Although I'm not sure why you are so upset about her child's penis.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom3917
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Obviously that's your opinion, and that's fine. My opinion is that facebook isn't for talking about your child's genitals. Do you talk about your genitals, or your husbands genitals on facebook? I sure don't. And when I have my son, I won't be telling people when he is, or even if he is "getting his penis cut off" which were her words, not mine. In MY opinion, facebook is for keeping up with friends, and family, I don't use it as a journal, or diary, or as a way to tell everyone a play by play of my day, posting my every move. I'm not "upset about her child's penis", I could care less about it, that's what my post is saying, I don't care to know if he is circumcised or not, I care to know that he is doing well, and growing well, and he is healthy, I just don't find it necessary to post such personal things on facebook :-)

Quoting marchantmom06:

Umm Facebook IS for exactly what your friend is using it for. If you don't like it, unfriend her. Although I'm not sure why you are so upset about her child's penis.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Bump for later

mom2priceboys
by Julie on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:03 PM

whats gross is comparing  a baby breastfeeding to him taking it from a penis - just gross!!!

nidhimalikdel
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
ya agree...must not b shown on facebook
Mrs.Salz
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I post pro-intact information on my facebook but it's general articles and studies. I find it weird and kind of disgusting when fb friends post about their child's circumcision in their status, especially play-by-play updates.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)