Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Why are you talking about your baby's penis on facebook?...

Posted by   + Show Post

It drives me nuts when people do this. Facebook isn't for posting everything that goes on in your life! There are things that you shouldn't say on there. It's just annoying when people post a million posts a day, post about arguements they have with their SO, or when they bash them on there, or post just WAY too much about their personal life on there.. It's a whole nother level when they start putting up TMI posts about their kids though.. A facebook friend of mine (old high school acquaintance) posted a million posts when she was in the hospital having her son last week.. one post that really caught my attention though was when she said that she was just relaxing getting ready to eat while her son was "getting his penis cut off"... Apparently he was circumcised, no need to announce it to the world!! And today she posted about his dr appt saying that his penis was healed..... ok? If you  must post something about his dr appt today, just say it went well and he's perfectly healthy, why say anything about a baby's penis.. seriously? What are some over the top posts that you have seen on facebook, and do you agree that posting about your baby's penis is inappropriate for facebook?

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I have blocked sooooooo many peoples updates for this reason. Ugh! So annoying.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
newmom3917
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Okay, the second post about it being totally healed isn't as bad as the first one.. the first one she wasn't updating anything really, just a random, weird post saying that she was going to eat while her baby got it "cut off".. idk just a little tmi for me I guess. Maybe it wouldn't have been soo bad if she said he was getting it circumcised, not that it was getting "cut off" I guess that just sounds morbid and weird to me. And I just don't see it really important to inform everyone that my baby is or isn't getting circumcised. I guess it's a difference of opinions

Quoting paganbaby:

It's penis and he's a baby. He just had surgury and she's updating her friends and family. I really don't see the issue with it. It's not like she's talking about big or hard it is. Now THAT would be creepy.

newmom3917
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:14 PM
I definitely agree that if she had said anything about size or said something about it being hard, that'd absolutely be creepy, and very very inappropriate...

Quoting newmom3917:

Okay, the second post about it being totally healed isn't as bad as the first one.. the first one she wasn't updating anything really, just a random, weird post saying that she was going to eat while her baby got it "cut off".. idk just a little tmi for me I guess. Maybe it wouldn't have been soo bad if she said he was getting it circumcised, not that it was getting "cut off" I guess that just sounds morbid and weird to me. And I just don't see it really important to inform everyone that my baby is or isn't getting circumcised. I guess it's a difference of opinions

Quoting paganbaby:

It's penis and he's a baby. He just had surgury and she's updating her friends and family. I really don't see the issue with it. It's not like she's talking about big or hard it is. Now THAT would be creepy.

witchybabymomma
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Personally I wouldn't post about my sons penis, but really I am one of those people who say it's my facebook I'l post what I want. You can always hide the posts or unfriend the person. It's not up to other people to dictate what we can or cannot post about. I frequently post about my sons potty training efforts because I am excited about his progress. If it happens to offend someone on my friendslist I say sorry for them. My life is not dictated by other people.

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I deleted FB many moons ago and im sooo much happier but the timeline and updates every 2 seconds always from the same ppl got a little sickening couldn't really delete them either because they were my own family LOL  

witchybabymomma
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I understand that's "your" opinion, but your stating it like the people who choose to post that way are wrong. Just because you wouldn't do it or you don't  like it doesn't mean it's wrong or inappropriate. I think that was marchanmom's point

Quoting newmom3917:

Obviously that's your opinion, and that's fine. My opinion is that facebook isn't for talking about your child's genitals. Do you talk about your genitals, or your husbands genitals on facebook? I sure don't. And when I have my son, I won't be telling people when he is, or even if he is "getting his penis cut off" which were her words, not mine. In MY opinion, facebook is for keeping up with friends, and family, I don't use it as a journal, or diary, or as a way to tell everyone a play by play of my day, posting my every move. I'm not "upset about her child's penis", I could care less about it, that's what my post is saying, I don't care to know if he is circumcised or not, I care to know that he is doing well, and growing well, and he is healthy, I just don't find it necessary to post such personal things on facebook :-)

Quoting marchantmom06:

Umm Facebook IS for exactly what your friend is using it for. If you don't like it, unfriend her. Although I'm not sure why you are so upset about her child's penis.

bigmama423
by Liz on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:41 PM
I agree with you. Some people go way too far on FB!
Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I have a friend who posts that she has bowel issues.........*shudders* or the she must have just lost 10 lbs going to the bathroom.  Seriously??

newmom3917
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:08 PM

OMG no way! haha. that's horrible!!

Quoting Thelmama:

I have a friend who posts that she has bowel issues.........*shudders* or the she must have just lost 10 lbs going to the bathroom.  Seriously??

newmom3917
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Yess! There is a difference between private conversations and public posts! I like to keep private, personal things off of facebook.

Quoting bigmama423:

I agree with you. Some people go way too far on FB!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN