Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are you talking about your baby's penis on facebook?...

Posted by   + Show Post

It drives me nuts when people do this. Facebook isn't for posting everything that goes on in your life! There are things that you shouldn't say on there. It's just annoying when people post a million posts a day, post about arguements they have with their SO, or when they bash them on there, or post just WAY too much about their personal life on there.. It's a whole nother level when they start putting up TMI posts about their kids though.. A facebook friend of mine (old high school acquaintance) posted a million posts when she was in the hospital having her son last week.. one post that really caught my attention though was when she said that she was just relaxing getting ready to eat while her son was "getting his penis cut off"... Apparently he was circumcised, no need to announce it to the world!! And today she posted about his dr appt saying that his penis was healed..... ok? If you  must post something about his dr appt today, just say it went well and he's perfectly healthy, why say anything about a baby's penis.. seriously? What are some over the top posts that you have seen on facebook, and do you agree that posting about your baby's penis is inappropriate for facebook?

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Replies (31-39):
Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Yep, I just ignore it and move on and chalk it up to her eccentric ways. She may be eccentric but I love her anyway. LOL

Quoting newmom3917:

OMG no way! haha. that's horrible!!

Quoting Thelmama:

I have a friend who posts that she has bowel issues.........*shudders* or the she must have just lost 10 lbs going to the bathroom.  Seriously??

manifer_momma
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:11 PM
I agree that's tmi. You can always unfriend her, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyelephant
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I'm 20, so I have a few people that just graduated high school (and some that act like they're still in it)  The ones that really annoy me are the "poor me, my life sucks, I wish this guy loved me" kinds of posts.  I use facebook to post pictures and videos of my daughter for family, and announce some milestones "Ria rolled over"  or just things like "Ria loves our dog" "Joe made really good chicken tonight".

If I fight with him, I don't announce it.  The most I've shared was "F** Call of Duty"  when we got in a fight about him playing so much.

I don't share everything with everyone either.  My daughter's first pureed food pictures were visible by only about 10 people. Only family.

newmom3917
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Yeah I'm 19 so I have the same problem lol. I don't think the world needs to know about fights with your significant other, or stuff like that. it's not necessary and usually ends up making the fight worse! And the ones who "love" someone one day, hate them the next, then the next week they are involved with someone else... I guess I don't care to know about everyone elses personal lives & drama. It's one thing to catch up with people, and post milestones, but my goodness, with some people I feel like I'm reading something straight from their diary!

Quoting emilyelephant:

I'm 20, so I have a few people that just graduated high school (and some that act like they're still in it)  The ones that really annoy me are the "poor me, my life sucks, I wish this guy loved me" kinds of posts.  I use facebook to post pictures and videos of my daughter for family, and announce some milestones "Ria rolled over"  or just things like "Ria loves our dog" "Joe made really good chicken tonight".

If I fight with him, I don't announce it.  The most I've shared was "F** Call of Duty"  when we got in a fight about him playing so much.

I don't share everything with everyone either.  My daughter's first pureed food pictures were visible by only about 10 people. Only family.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Yep.  If you don't like hearing about it, OP, then unfriend her.  Easy.

Quoting paganbaby:

It's penis and he's a baby. He just had surgury and she's updating her friends and family. I really don't see the issue with it. It's not like she's talking about big or hard it is. Now THAT would be creepy.

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this

There is such thing as TMI. When it comes to Facebook . No one wants to hear about details like that . 

newmom3917
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:16 AM
I understand I can unfriend her. That wasn't the purpose of this post. I was wondering if anyone else found this inappropriate.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Yep.  If you don't like hearing about it, OP, then unfriend her.  Easy.

Quoting paganbaby:

It's penis and he's a baby. He just had surgury and she's updating her friends and family. I really don't see the issue with it. It's not like she's talking about big or hard it is. Now THAT would be creepy.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Let me quote you here " In MY opinion, facebook is for keeping up with friends, and family,"

Well child that is EXACTLY what your friend is doing. Again if you are so upset about the world penis then do her a favor and unfriend her. I'm sure it won't end her life.

Quoting newmom3917:

Obviously that's your opinion, and that's fine. My opinion is that facebook isn't for talking about your child's genitals. Do you talk about your genitals, or your husbands genitals on facebook? I sure don't. And when I have my son, I won't be telling people when he is, or even if he is "getting his penis cut off" which were her words, not mine. In MY opinion, facebook is for keeping up with friends, and family, I don't use it as a journal, or diary, or as a way to tell everyone a play by play of my day, posting my every move. I'm not "upset about her child's penis", I could care less about it, that's what my post is saying, I don't care to know if he is circumcised or not, I care to know that he is doing well, and growing well, and he is healthy, I just don't find it necessary to post such personal things on facebook :-)

Quoting marchantmom06:

Umm Facebook IS for exactly what your friend is using it for. If you don't like it, unfriend her. Although I'm not sure why you are so upset about her child's penis.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
denisepeace
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

TMI...Can you imagine how many time she's going to post when baby gets his first tooth?

What I don't like reading about is what people eat, what they're going to eat, what they ate, what restaurant they are going to! God, Is there any other interest in your life? What about Weight Watchers!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)