Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laptop

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Liz
  • 29 Replies

Do you own one?

What kind is it?

How old is it?

How do you like it?

: )

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bigmama423
by Liz on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I do!

Mine's a Compaq, probably close to 6 years old I think...

It's still semi working after being dropped many times, and having the screen cracked, so I guess I can't complain...

sjump25
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Nope.  I have never owned one.  I have an iPad, but no laptop.

SkullGoddess
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I kinda own one....my husband bought an HP vision quad core or whatever last year, I kinda sorta took over his laptop lol. I love it sooo much!!

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520, which I purchased a little over 5 years ago.  It's not currently working, though.  Something happened to it (still not sure what) in 2011, just 3 months after we got wireless DSL.  Ugh!  Anyway, when it was working, it was great.  I got it when I was in college, and it was great to be able to use it rather than my POS desktop to complete assignments.  Now, I'm back to the POS.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:45 PM
I don't. But I want one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bax
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I'm on my 4th. 1 Dell- it was good as long as long as their was no problem- talking to customer service was hell - I will never buy again; 1 Asus- hated it, 1 HP- liked that one but crapped out after only 8 months and I was too pissed to buy another one; and now I use a toshiba- which I like very much.

bigmama423
by Liz on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Quoting taniamorse85:

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520, which I purchased a little over 5 years ago.  It's not currently working, though.  Something happened to it (still not sure what) in 2011, just 3 months after we got wireless DSL.  Ugh!  Anyway, when it was working, it was great.  I got it when I was in college, and it was great to be able to use it rather than my POS desktop to complete assignments.  Now, I'm back to the POS.

I feel you, mine is barely operable!! I have to ghetto rig my power cord to get it to stay on and it almost never responds, it sucks!! I mainly use my phone or my POS desktop which doesn't function too much better than the laptop...

bigmama423
by Liz on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Quoting Bmama1:

I don't. But I want one.

I'm hoping we have enough tax money to buy a cheap laptop...mine barely functions!!

bigmama423
by Liz on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Quoting Bax:

I'm on my 4th. 1 Dell- it was good as long as long as their was no problem- talking to customer service was hell - I will never buy again; 1 Asus- hated it, 1 HP- liked that one but crapped out after only 8 months and I was too pissed to buy another one; and now I use a toshiba- which I like very much.

Oh man, Dell's customer service is ridiculous, they're so hard to understand.

I'm hoping to buy a new laptop with our tax money, maybe I'll look into Toshiba...

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I was kinda debating getting one with taxes also. I think ill probably just buy a fancy phone though since I'm usually only mobile anyways. I think if I got a laptop, my kids would probably destroy it somehow. Lol

Quoting bigmama423:

Quoting Bmama1:

I don't. But I want one.

I'm hoping we have enough tax money to buy a cheap laptop...mine barely functions!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)