Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Do you own one?

What kind is it?

How old is it?

How do you like it?

: )

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Replies (21-29):
bigmama423
by Liz on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Oh I definitely want a backlit keyboard, I didn't know they had those either..

Quoting Marz31:

I have a 2 year old ASUS laptop with backlit keyboard, I'll never buy a laptop without that now.....but anyway, it's been a good machine. I had a little trouble right before the 2-year warranty expired, so I sent it in for fixing and it's been just fine. they basically replaced everything but the processor. my old Dell lasted me 4 good years, the battery is totally dead on that so it always has to be plugged in, but it was a beast, I really never had a problem up until the end, again, a month before the extended warranty was to run out. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JTriches
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

compaq Presario CQ56,

3 years old

LOve it!!

aimlee
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

yes Hp Dv6 less than a year old and i love it! :)

(with backlit keyboard, and simplepass)

Mel0dy
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I have a HP Pavilion G series. 

bigmama423
by Liz on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:14 PM
My Presario is pretty tough! It's been used and abused!! ; )

Quoting JTriches:

compaq Presario CQ56,

3 years old

LOve it!!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Oohh, a backlit keyboard?!? I'm going to have to add that to my wishlist for my next laptop :)

Quoting Marz31:

I have a 2 year old ASUS laptop with backlit keyboard, I'll never buy a laptop without that now.....but anyway, it's been a good machine. I had a little trouble right before the 2-year warranty expired, so I sent it in for fixing and it's been just fine. they basically replaced everything but the processor. my old Dell lasted me 4 good years, the battery is totally dead on that so it always has to be plugged in, but it was a beast, I really never had a problem up until the end, again, a month before the extended warranty was to run out. 

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep! I didn't know either until a couple months after I got mine. I was walking by the laptops and I saw...it, lol. I am sure you are not the only one that lives under a rock. :)

Quoting bigmama423:

I did not even know laptops came with those...I live under a rock!! ; )

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Yep.

It's ummm...an HP.

Leigh got it for me last year for my birthday, which is Feb 22nd, so it's a year old almost.

It's okay.  I don't have the 10 key pad on here, but I've kind of learned to live without it.  I do want a laptop with a 10 key on it tho....eventually.

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I bought a new Toshiba around Christmas and I really like it.  It was only $400, has Windows 8 and is very fast.  Very pleased with my purchase.

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I will only buy a laptop with a 10-Key, I use it for work and it's so much easier.

Quoting bigmama423:

I did not even know laptops came with those...I live under a rock!! ; )

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Yep.

It's ummm...an HP.

Leigh got it for me last year for my birthday, which is Feb 22nd, so it's a year old almost.

It's okay.  I don't have the 10 key pad on here, but I've kind of learned to live without it.  I do want a laptop with a 10 key on it tho....eventually.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)