Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Please help!!! (piog)

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:02 AM
  • 23 Replies
I have a 12 year old daughter who's mouth is driving me crazy! She has constant attitude and is so disrespectful, no matter what I take away from her (phone, computer use, friends over) she will be good while she is grounded but after she gets her privileges back she turns back into the mouthy pre-teen.

Is anyone going through the same thing or have been through it? Any advice on dealing with a 12 year old going on 25? Please help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I don't know, but here is a bump for you!

MochaBerry24
by New Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:04 AM
3 moms liked this
I would tell her that for every time she is rude or mouthy then ahe has to donate thirty minutes of her time volunteering.
MochaBerry24
by New Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:05 AM
...since taking away things doesnt work so take away her free time
ilovemyboys84
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:07 AM
2 moms liked this
My mom -mom made us do extra chores...I got 1 warning then it was go clean bathrooms...if I continued it went....kitchen duty...laundry...weeding...raking/ mowing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugarfox72
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Thank you for the idea its a great one! I think she would like to volunteer... but maybe I'll make her go around the neighborhood picking up trash or something! (With gloves of course!) Lol
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

My girls are 13, 12, 11 and 10.  My son is 4.  I am looking forward to my son being a teenager more than I am looking forward to my girls being teenagers, lol.

All of my girls have been that way already.  Luckily they seem to be either growing out of that phase already or already out of that phase.  At least for the moment. 

Good Luck to you!  Volunteering is an excellent suggestion.

mom2priceboys
by Julie on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Boys get mouthy and emotional also......beware hehehe

Quoting Kmakksmom:

My girls are 13, 12, 11 and 10.  My son is 4.  I am looking forward to my son being a teenager more than I am looking forward to my girls being teenagers, lol.

All of my girls have been that way already.  Luckily they seem to be either growing out of that phase already or already out of that phase.  At least for the moment. 

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Thanks for the warning!  I know, lol...but at least I only have 1 boy.  I can handle that better than 4 girls as teenagers at the same time ;)

My poor husband.  He is going to have to deal with all of us girls on the same menstrual cycle too.

Oh well.  My husband and Kaden can commiserate with each other :)

Quoting mom2priceboys:

Boys get mouthy and emotional also......beware hehehe

Quoting Kmakksmom:

sugarfox72
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! I sure hope there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this

You're Welcome!  There is a light at the end of the tunnel.  It may still be far away, but it is there :)

Quoting sugarfox72:

Thanks! I sure hope there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN