Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wild talks

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:20 AM
  • 5 Replies

Last night i got into talking with my other half. We started with the basic and then went to what the kids where saying and talking about while i was painting my daughters nails and trying to explain to my son why he cant have his nails painted and My daughter points out that her father my ex paints his and he is a guy. 

Then i get on the topic with out the kids about the conterversey about the boys scout and the sexual issue that they need to vote on. And then some how we ended on the news and how things where for us when we where growing up and how we felt that our parents would send us out and almost lock the door so that we couldnt gt back in. 

Now that i am raiseing my kids. I dont want to be that helcopter parent or that parent that has to contrrol everything little thing that my kids do. I want to my kids to go n play and stay outside until the street lights come on. Do we even have Street Lights any more? Sadly I live on a busy road at the moment. Working on moving to a better area. 

But cabin fever has gotten to us all by the end of the day. I want my kids to be able to be kids and i want to be able to carry that free spirtit parenting that my parents did. Or at least think that they did. How about you mom's? Do you struggle with letting your kids out to play all day? Do you find your self after the kids go to bed deep in a touchy subject that most people cant handle to talk about? But can openly with your spouse? 

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
blueeyes2000
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:31 AM
My son is three and we live out in the country. Our drive way is a mile and a half long. So we are away from the road which isn't busy anyways. Because of his age I'm always outside with him. We live in the country and no other kids around so I'm also the one who plays with him.
As far as talking after the kids are in bed that doesn't happen. My hubby goes to sleep about the same time as our son. When he gets home he doesn't really want to talk. Because of his job he's always on his phone. Work always comes home with him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Welcome!

I know what you mean. I wish that my kids could hang out with their friends, play outside, ride their bikes, etc like we did when we were kids and not have to worry about all of the other crazy people in the world.  It's definitely hard raising kids these days.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:40 AM

I always let my kids out to play, but we live in a pretty safe area, I think you are right to not want to shelter them so much, they have so many adventures and so much fun riding bikes and walking to the stores and visiting friends.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:52 PM

We bought a house with a nice back yard - they out there to play and I don't really give it a thought.  I don't see the need for them to roam the neighborhood.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Welcome to The Lounge!
We have a big fenced backyard that the kids love to play in. I don't worry about them when they are out there. I do however go out with my 4 year old son if he wants to go out without his sisters.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)