Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Valentines Day

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM
  • 11 Replies

Is Valentines Day a big deal to you? Do you buy your husband gifts, does he for you? Do you get your kids gifts, or your parents?

Personally I think we show the people we love most that we love them everyday, dads have fathers day, we have mothers day, we have anniversaries and grandparents day and birthdays, christmas etc. I think Valentines Day is just another excuse for businesses to milk us for more of our hard earned cash.

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I don't really do anything maybe get my kids a stuffed animal. 

My dad passed away V-day 18 years ago.  Not my holiday

amonkeymom
by Amy on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I'm with you.  Valentine's day is just a day.  It's a fun day, no doubt, but we really need to be expressing our love to those in our lives every day.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:35 PM
We don't do anything special.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband always makes sure I have a dozen roses.  After 12 years, I would be hurt if I didn't get them.  I always try to do something nice for him as well.  This year, I am making his favorite dinner and sending the kids to the movies with his brother.  We will have a quiet evening at home.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Eh - we do Valentines day more as a "family" than a couple.  I got some little gifts for the kids and we are having heart shaped chocolate chip pancakes for dinner all together on Thursday!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:32 PM
We usually get the kids a stuffed animal and chocolates. Leigh has never been a big fan of Valentine's Day. We just tend to "celebrate" year round.
Cruz0224
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:58 PM
You guys make valentines sound so depressing lol. I never expect much on valentines day . Honestly I can't ask for much when everyday for me is valentines day . Buuuuuut I do look forward indulging on some chocc some chocolate , which I did not get at all but some roses ... a but bumbed out because I always do a little extra for my husband . He does gives me gifts unexpectedly for no reason so I guess I'm sounding like a brat right now .but today of all days would b nice to actually celebrate our love with a little gift . (I just wanted chocolate ) ....
Paperfishies
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:01 PM
We celebrate it as a holiday for kids. Valentines day is lame. I don't want to give or recieve a romantic gift out of obligation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daytonbaby210
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I mean this year he could afford to get me something. Valentines day is a bit of a double edged sword because I love spending time with my fiance on this day but it is also my best friends birthday who died almost six years ago. Valentines day for me is a bit bittersweet.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I buy the kids some new books they wanted.

Dh got me a card, a flower and some chocolate (which he has eaten!  LOL!)

It is a low key holiday for us that is really more about the kids at this point for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN