Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Do you save your money?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM
  • 26 Replies
Not sure if I should save my money, what do you guys save your money for? I like to spend it all I jst put a little in the bank not all of it. But I am starting to think that maybe I should save some money?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetMama823
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:35 PM
We save every week. For emergency, car repairs, vacation...just good to have extra money put away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blueeyes2000
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:38 PM

We save every pay check . Save the money an in case situation. It's always a good idea to have some put away.

MommaPanda3
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Ohh yeah, a vacation does sounds nice :) thnks how much do you put every week I jst put 100 a month but then end up wasting it ! Its so hard to not spend it ...

Quoting SweetMama823:

We save every week. For emergency, car repairs, vacation...just good to have extra money put away.

SweetMama823
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Every week between $800-$1000.
Then I keep @ $800 in my bank acct for bills, food and gas

Quoting MommaPanda3:

Ohh yeah, a vacation does sounds nice :) thnks how much do you put every week I jst put 100 a month but then end up wasting it ! Its so hard to not spend it ...

Quoting SweetMama823:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessesbride
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
  1. We have a baby emergency fund (fully funded x3), a regular eme fund-  fully funded, retirement for both of us several times over.  Yes you should have savings.  & extra set aside for a rainy day ~ like a lost job, etc.
sashamom27159
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Quoting SweetMama823:

Every week between $800-$1000.
Then I keep @ $800 in my bank acct for bills, food and gas

Quoting MommaPanda3:

Quoting SweetMama823:

do you mean every month we could never save that much in a week

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I have always saved.  When I was 14 and got my first job, my dad made me save 50% of my pay.  Since that time, I have always saved at least 15%, sometimes more, just depending on my financial ability. 

I also read a really interesting article on retirement savings.  Jessica, a 20 year old, saves $1000 a month for the next 10 years.  Bob, a 30 year old, saves $1000 a month for the next 20 years.  Both of them deposit the money monthly into their 401k accounts.  At retirement, Jessica has more money than Bob even though he contributed twice as much as she did.  When it comes to saving, the earlier you start, the better off you will be. 

loveTHEviking
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:25 PM

We try to save money! It's hard to save money! I love spending money though... I have a shopping problem lol.

sabrtooth1
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Is this a joke? MAYBE you should save? So you think it's fine to live paycheck to paycheck? Better never get sick, lose a job, or have an emergency.
OrganicMommyof2
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that is a great question to ask!

Saving is very important! If you have never tried or never been able to save then start with baby steps.  Open an account at a different bank then you normally do all of your banking at.  Then have it directly deposited into that account from every paycheck.  You will never know it is gone ;)  Well, you might but you wont be tempted to use it.  Also do not get an atm card to this "other" account.  Make it inconvient to take money out.  That is a great way to start.  Good Luck and I wish you much sucess!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)