Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Oh busy me, need a whole day to myself

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:03 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi, Im Sheila. I am a mother of five, mostly teens and my youngest is 7. Our household is a two parent household, but sometimes I feel its just me. My children come to me most of the time about everything, because lately their dad just dont seem to have time. I also noticed he tell the kids just go ask your mom, so I have brought this up a few times. My other thing, is I am expected to know and solve everything, and it is just overwhelming. So I am debating to take an overnight to myself, leave the youngest with the dad, and the teenagers can maintain with their dad as well, why make it easy for him. I want to do it next month, I just feel bad about leaving my children, but I need this and they understand.He dont which makes him selfish and inconsiderate.

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Welcome!  Sounds like you really do need a break.  Talk to your hubby about it and tell him that you're taking some time "off" next month.

Quoting amomforever05:

Hi, Im Sheila. I am a mother of five, mostly teens and my youngest is 7. Our household is a two parent household, but sometimes I feel its just me. My children come to me most of the time about everything, because lately their dad just dont seem to have time. I also noticed he tell the kids just go ask your mom, so I have brought this up a few times. My other thing, is I am expected to know and solve everything, and it is just overwhelming. So I am debating to take an overnight to myself, leave the youngest with the dad, and the teenagers can maintain with their dad as well, why make it easy for him. I want to do it next month, I just feel bad about leaving my children, but I need this and they understand.He dont which makes him selfish and inconsiderate.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I would go ahead and ask him to work with you to pick the best day to take your vacay day. That way he is a partner in your decision and can't say it was dumped on him.... or, if your teens are old enough and responsible enough, you and dh could get away for an overnight away.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Let him know you are at a breaking point!!! Good luck!!!
kali_mom
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM
I totally get what you are saying. I have 5 children as well. Ages are 23yrs old to 8 months. I have really no room to complain. My hubby does a great job but it can be overwhelming at times just in the simple fact you have 5 children. Talk to him and figure out what is reasonable for a mommy day and go for it.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Welcome to The Lounge! I know how you feel. I have 5 kids too, my girls are 13,12,11 & 10. My son is 4.

Yep, I totally understand :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)