Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Hubby out-of-state on a job and im going crazy!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM
  • 12 Replies

My husband got a job in N.Dakota last year in september. He got to come home for christmas, but back up to work. I feel like im going nuts with everything i have going on here at home with my 5 year old in kindergarden and doing tutoring, my twin girls going into prek (which I thought I had till spring, they are going in early), house work, and trying to look for a part time job ( well, there is more to this). I guess im feeling overwelmd. Wanting to know if any other moms have gone or are going through this? 

Barb

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I'm sorry. My husbands old job had him out of town 6 days out of the week. I have 4 kids under 4. I almost lost my mind. Lol. I hope things get better. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
loveTHEviking
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM

My DH goes out of town for work sometimes & I go crazy too! I hate him not being home especially at night.

blueeyes2000
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling overwhelmed. When our son was first born we went through a time where he would be gone five days a week. I know it can be hard. But things will get better.
motivated_mom24
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Totall bummer I have a newborn n one under 3yrs. My husband is gone into the army and his oil job he will be gone six months out of the whole year Plus a week out of every month for the army. So I know what it's like :/
mom2priceboys
by Julie on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:08 AM

why dont you just go live there with him?

md_1015
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:31 AM
My dh is and otr trucker so he is gone a lot. It sucks but we have found our rhythm. How often does dh come home?
mylifemylove864
by New Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:12 PM
My husband is in the army and is deployed now. You get into your groove but yeah when things get stressful it's hard. All I can say is just keep swimming.
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I'm not going through that specifically, but I can understand why you are overwhelmed!!!
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I can understand feeling overwhelmed having children so close together.  My girls are 13, 12, 11 and 10.  My son is 4.  My husband has always been here, but it is overwhelming to raise kids anyway, then to have them so close together is whew...exhausting but rewarding :)

lskay00
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM

My hubby is leaving this weekend for N Dakota too.  For 2-5 months.  I have a 6 yo DD and a 8 month old DS, work full time and DD has dance/tumbling/cheer two nights a week and church one night.  Better get my running shoes on:)  Good Luck!  Message me if you need to talk!good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN