Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

would you remarry?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:15 PM
  • 218 Replies
1 mom liked this
i was just curious.....if your husband/so passed away would you remarry? i have been with my husband for 27 years. we have been married for 25 years. if he were to pass away i can honestly say that i would never remarry. he is my soul mate. my best friend. we have 4 kids together. i could never do that. i would feel like i am cheating on him. anyway, that is just me. i was just wondering ...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM
9 moms liked this
I have zero idea - I hope to never need to give it a thought.
sherry132
by Sherry on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:18 PM

This is my third marrriage and by far the happiest. I doubt I would but I never think about it either. 

bradley102
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM
bump
cailliermommy
by New Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't want to even think about lossing my hubby. He is my everything.

Mzwest83
by New Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think I could. Unless Channing Tatum comes knocking my door down. I love my hubby but I am not sure how to put this with out sounding bad, I like being on my own. I like making decisions with out having to listen to some one else's input. My husband understands and usually we have the same thought process so its not a issue but with some one else I doubt we would. I like the silence while I read a book and don't like a lot of crap. My hubby is the same way. Plus I don't the dating crap I see some of my friends doing now.

bradley102
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:29 PM
bump
RaLeighsMommy11
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't. My life would be based on raising my kids. I believe god creates 1 person for everyone & my dh is that 1 person so I would have no desire in "dating" of meeting any other men
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bradley102
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM
bump
PEEK05
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM
4 moms liked this

Probably.  I am 24 years old.  That would be a long, long time to go without love.  I'm not saying I'd forget about him and marry the first man I meet.  I am saying that after grieving and when I'm ready, I would probably get back out there if there was someone else I could love.  I have even told my husband that I would hope that he would be able to move on eventually.  To remember me and to tell my kids about me but not to cheat himself out of love for the rest of his life and if he found another woman, to make sure that they could love our kids. :)

I hope to God this doesn't happen though. I'd prefer us to grow old together. :)

lapcounter
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:36 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)