Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge
i was just curious.....if your husband/so passed away would you remarry? i have been with my husband for 27 years. we have been married for 25 years. if he were to pass away i can honestly say that i would never remarry. he is my soul mate. my best friend. we have 4 kids together. i could never do that. i would feel like i am cheating on him. anyway, that is just me. i was just wondering ...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Replies (211-218):
TeamTARDIS
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I think it would have to be someone really special. DH has been my best friend since I was 13 years old so it would be very hard for someone else to step into my life.

I know that DH would be okay with it, as long as our children never thought of another guy as dad. 

juliebuggie
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I think i may, This is also a huge possiblity for me at this time. My husband has Cancer and is termanal he was given just 1 year to live. Do i so hate this yes, we are spending lots of time together and making as many memories as possible.

I am 33 and have 2 kids 8 and 11. i am not sure i would want to be alone for 30 or 40 years that is quite a long time. i love my husband and we have had a great 11 years together. would i miss him yes but at the same time all we would want for each other is happiness.

Jujubee12
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:03 AM

There is no way I could. Ive thought about it before and neither of us feel we could. Im really young too (23) and hes 28. We have been together almost 8 years and he is my best friend and the love of my life. The thought of sharing my life with someone else the way I do with him makes me feel sick. Im not saying its wrong for others to do, but for me personally I cant even bare the thought of being in another relationship with someone else. It would feel like cheating. 

mcknitro
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM

"Never" is a pretty strong word.  It would depend, but I definitely am not a person who would want to be alone the rest of my life if I lost my SO.  If you have young children, that is a very hard job to do by yourself and if your kids are grown and moved on, it can be very lonely to be be yourself.  If it was my parents and one would loose the other I would want them to be happy and not miserable and lonely the rest of their life.  Same if my SO would loose me.  But it really would depend on the person, though.  

NewMom11222011
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I might.  I know that I would not settle for less than I deserve.  My DH is awesome, my XH...not so much.  Although I'm closing in on half a century, I would not categorically rule out having another love in my life.  I would not expect my DH to remain unmarried if I passed first.

bchic24
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I have no idea. I'm only 24 so I have my whole life to live. Who knows what will happen years from now.

bradley102
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:05 PM
oh my goodness...i am so sorry. you are both in my prayers. i did not ask the question of getting remarried as if their is a right or wrong answer because there is not. i just know what is right for me. i am willing to go the rest of my life and not remarry. it just feels right to me. my husbands mom lost her husband when he was 40. she is in her 70s and has yet to date even. i just feel that it is right for me. my husband is my first one and will be my last.

Quoting juliebuggie:

I think i may, This is also a huge possiblity for me at this time. My husband has Cancer and is termanal he was given just 1 year to live. Do i so hate this yes, we are spending lots of time together and making as many memories as possible.

I am 33 and have 2 kids 8 and 11. i am not sure i would want to be alone for 30 or 40 years that is quite a long time. i love my husband and we have had a great 11 years together. would i miss him yes but at the same time all we would want for each other is happiness.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jwkaye
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Absolutely. Hubby and I have actually talked about this. I hope he would move on and he hopes that I would do the same. My child is my priority, and dating would be my last priority, but if the right man came along at the right time, then absolutely I would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN