Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Google+

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:49 AM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Google+ Do you use it?

Options:

Yes, I use it regularly.

Yes, I check it occasionally.

No, I have it, but I rarely check it.

I don't have an account/Never heard of it.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

Does anyone even use this anymore?

I was doing a search this morning looking for new iPhone apps to try and on a list published just 3 days ago, a guy named the Google+ app as one of his favorite apps.  I thought, "Really? Does anyone really use Google+ anymore?"  I signed up for Google+ like the day it came out, super excited to try a new social media, and even got many of my friends to sign up too.  I didn't think anything really became of it.  So I Googled (no pun intended), "Does anyone use Google+ anymore?"

I was shocked at the mixed reviews.  Some people said that they tried to be very active, others said (like me) it had fallen to the wayside in favor of FB and Twitter.

What about you?  Did you ever try Google+?  Do you still use it?  

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Google+ makes me understand why old people hate email.  I don't understand how to use it at all.

Marz31
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I used it early on to do group video chats with my mama friends, but that's about it. I haven't even looked at it for months.

anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I tried to get into it when it first started, but I just checked it today and it is SO confusing now!

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

Google+ makes me understand why old people hate email.  I don't understand how to use it at all.

anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Ditto.  So I wonder why people are still using it??

Quoting Marz31:

I used it early on to do group video chats with my mama friends, but that's about it. I haven't even looked at it for months.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I have never had an account.  I have gmail addresses, but I have never tried Google +.

missygrl18
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I'm on and would use it more since I don't like everything that facebook is doing but not a lot of my friends are. Feel free to look me up :-)

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I don't think I ever checked it after the day I opened it...

kat1116
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I was part of the group beta testing and even then a lot of people signed up and just stopped using it. Fb is just so much more user friendly. I check it once every few months but it's just not something I like to use.

thatgirl70
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Have it, but rarely use it. I was already established on Facebook, was really not interested in starting somewhere new.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN