Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just gotta vent for a minute...

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:41 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
We've been trying to find our own place, and found a "rental realter" that has stuff in our price range. We've found so many houses that we would love to rent, but we have one little problem.
The stupid b***h of a receptionist!
She's such a bitch! She's rude, refuses to work with us, and always tells us that the guy we need to talk to is out and will call us when he gets in! I don't even think he's SEEN our application cause she probably threw it away! I want so badly to go up there and just stand there and wait for the guy to walk in so I can tell him just how much of a bitch she is!
Ok, vent over.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I really hate it when people in customer service positions are not very friendly to actual customers.  Hope he does actually call you back soon.  Good luck on the home search!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry. I would go up there and wait for him.  Good luck.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Report her to the BBB, and then call and pretend to be someone else, be very pleasant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitleypittman
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I called earlier just to check on our application, and she didn't even ask for my name. It was like a 26 second conversation cause she was so rude.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Report her to the BBB, and then call and pretend to be someone else, be very pleasant.
bigmama423
by Liz on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Ditto!!
I hate dealing with rude people!!

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

I really hate it when people in customer service positions are not very friendly to actual customers.  Hope he does actually call you back soon.  Good luck on the home search!

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Oh I hate poor customer service! I'd send a letter to the boss, and I'd "yelp" it too! I have two rental houses, and i'd be super irritated if someone treated my potential tenants badly.

sabrtooth1
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

A realtor, and his staff, only make money when they they bring viable clients, with good jobs and great credit ratings, to the table.  If you have filled out an application, and no one is getting back to you, it's because there is something in your history that makes them believe you are not worth their time.

If a landlord has to pay a fee to a realtor, he wants the realtor to bring him only the cream of the crop.

If you have no credit, or your credit is bad, if your debt to income ratio is bad, if you don't have good jobs AND good job histories, if you have made previous landlords unhappy, if you don't have the cash for first month, last month and at least 2 months security, if you have kids and/or pets...don't hold your breath.

If you had problems but believe you have fixed them, you would probably do better by finding a rental on your own.  Then, you get to convince a landlord directly, that you are a good risk.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Ugh! How frustrating!
kgsharber
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:45 AM

DO it! Call him & say you will hold until he is avaliable and tell him she is being a nightmare!

cherylam
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Good luck on finding a home, seriously.  You can go and wait for him or do a trick... tell her you want him to rent out your home... see how fast he calls back then.  Find out if he has an email address (everyone does), or go to your local housing authority and ask what you should do.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)