Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Would you be annoyed?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:42 PM
  • 39 Replies

My husband and I are seeing a couples counselor every Thursday night, which I think is a lot, but she thinks we need weekly sessions, and we have a $600 deductable for the year so I have to pay her, she is accepting a reduced rate of $60 each. So this morning, early, I texted her and said we would like to cancel for tonight because it's Valentines day, and a couple hours later she texts me back that she can see us at 3 or 6pm (our session is at 7pm) or she would have to bill us $125 (her regular insurance rate) for the missed session, and "sorry you have therapy on Valentines Day" Kind of ticked me off. I'm seeing her at 6pm alone probably.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Terri on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:57 PM
3 moms liked this

I think it's ridiculous, but really you should have given 24 hour's notice.  Most offices have the 24 hour notice or get charged policy.

EireLass
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:21 PM

She's a professional. Most have the rules known up front. ie: cancellations less than 24 hours in advance.

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
No, the day of an appt is too late to cancel. All therapy has a day off cancelation fee unless you are sick.... On days I am sick, I call like at seven am.

But you can't be annoyed when you knew it was today and you didn't cancel yesterday.
Sorry!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
prayerwarrior1
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:34 PM

you would think that she would be happy that she was not going to have to spend her valentines day (night) working she probably doesn't have a husband/boyfriend to spend it with which is kind of ironic since she is a marriage counselor lol.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Couples counseling on valentine's day can show some of you and his desire to stick with it.  As a counselor she is going to see wanting to reschedule as avoidance.  Most people keep appointments, work etc on valentines day. It isn't you take the day off kind of holiday.  Cancelling on short notice means she can not fill your slot with another patient.   She is doing wha ta good counselor should do and making you keep your appointment and commitment to counseling despite it being valentine's day.  It doesn't mean she doesn't understand or have some one to share the day with, it means she wants to know how serious you are about counseling. Valentine's day is not a legitmate reason to cancel in the eyes of the counselor. Your issues you are working on it more important than a date or a night at home.  That' s how she is going to see it as a counselor.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh and she may want to address with you WHY it ticked you off. I would, as a counselor. LOL 

Paperfishies
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Should have cancelled last week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Sorry, but you were scheduled for every Thursday, and you should have given her more notice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:17 PM

That's kind of what I was thinking too, that she might like the night off. Oh well.

Quoting prayerwarrior1:

you would think that she would be happy that she was not going to have to spend her valentines day (night) working she probably doesn't have a husband/boyfriend to spend it with which is kind of ironic since she is a marriage counselor lol.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:21 PM

We have never missed an appointment, we are very serious about it, and she knows that. We were her last appointment at 7, just FYI. 

Quoting Thelmama:

Couples counseling on valentine's day can show some of you and his desire to stick with it.  As a counselor she is going to see wanting to reschedule as avoidance.  Most people keep appointments, work etc on valentines day. It isn't you take the day off kind of holiday.  Cancelling on short notice means she can not fill your slot with another patient.   She is doing wha ta good counselor should do and making you keep your appointment and commitment to counseling despite it being valentine's day.  It doesn't mean she doesn't understand or have some one to share the day with, it means she wants to know how serious you are about counseling. Valentine's day is not a legitmate reason to cancel in the eyes of the counselor. Your issues you are working on it more important than a date or a night at home.  That' s how she is going to see it as a counselor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN