Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Let's have a discussion...

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 34 Replies
Do you think it is bad to smoke marijuana around children? What age do you think is appropriate to smoke around them? Would you ever have the "marijuana" talk with your kids or introduce them to marijuana? Would you be upset if your kid(s) starting smoking marijuana?

Do you smoke marijuana? How often?

I'm not posting this because I smoke just curious as to how others feel about it. I personally don't mind if others smoke just not around my son.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
britmichele
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
It is never ok to smoke around my child. I choose to teach him what is right, and lead by example.
finlyhappy65
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I have never tries it

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:30 PM
What if he decided to smoke later on? Are you going to be mad?

Quoting britmichele:

It is never ok to smoke around my child. I choose to teach him what is right, and lead by example.
britmichele
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM
He will never smoke under my roof, if he moves out he can do what he wants

Quoting NoahsMommy10412:

What if he decided to smoke later on? Are you going to be mad?

Quoting britmichele:

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I see it as an adult activity, I don't think any kind of smoke is good for anyone, it should always be done outdoors. I don't smoke, I tried it for my insomnia, didn't work at ALL. The people that I know that smoke a lot seem to have lost a lot of their ambition, maybe brains too, it's hard to say. But I do discourage my kids from smoking.

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I don't think it is harmful to their health, but I don't believe that you should teach children that it is ok to break the law.  Of course I will talk to my boys about marijuana, just like I would with any other drug, including alcohol.  I would be livid if I found out my child was smoking pot and living in my home. 

I do not presently smoke, I have smoked it in the past.

I work in the natural products industry and it is everywhere and very accepted.  The CEO of our company smokes and she makes no attempt to conceal it.  I believe that their are some amazing medicinal uses for the plant.  The fact still remains that here in Florida, it is illegal to possess it.  I will not condone my children breaking the law.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:34 PM
2 moms liked this
My husband smokes it occasionally. We are in Colorado and it is legal. He never ever does it around the kids and yes someday we will have a discussion with them about it.
littlemoments99
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I think people who smoke marijuana are immature. It just seems like a college thing to do. I don't get it. 

My kids will not do any drugs. I will teach them why they are bad...all of them, even marijuana. I am not friends with people who smoke marijauna and so they will not be around my kids. The people who smoke marijuana are usually party people and those are not the type of people I want to be around. I would much rather play a card or board game and have fun doing that. Or have a marathon of your favorite movies/tv show. Or even go do something, bowling, lazertag, something. You can do so many other things than smoke something. I'm sorry if this sounds a little mean. I just get annoyed with this topic. I hate that people are so relaxed about a drug. It's a drug. Drugs should only be used for people who are sick or they should be avoided if they are dangerous. It should not be thought of as something fun to do. 

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Not all people who smoke party. I'm friends with a lot of people who smoke and none of them party. My boyfriend smokes (not around the kid) and still has a job, takes care of our son and me, and would live to go do things with me like bowling, walking, watch tv, go to the movies, etc. I don't see it as a bad thing. We do live in Washington where it is legal now. I don't see how it's a "drug". All it does is relax you and sometimes make you eat. I don't know anybody who smokes weed and then decided to do other drugs like meth, herion, speed, ecstasy, crack, cocaine, etc. My family smokes as well and none of them are lazy. My sister goes to work and takes care of her two boys, my uncle works and takes care of his son, my grandma tends to her garden and used to take care of both my grandpa and great grandma. None of these people do anything else but smoke marijuana and they can function just fine.

Quoting littlemoments99:

I think people who smoke marijuana are immature. It just seems like a college thing to do. I don't get it. 

My kids will not do any drugs. I will teach them why they are bad...all of them, even marijuana. I am not friends with people who smoke marijauna and so they will not be around my kids. The people who smoke marijuana are usually party people and those are not the type of people I want to be around. I would much rather play a card or board game and have fun doing that. Or have a marathon of your favorite movies/tv show. Or even go do something, bowling, lazertag, something. You can do so many other things than smoke something. I'm sorry if this sounds a little mean. I just get annoyed with this topic. I hate that people are so relaxed about a drug. It's a drug. Drugs should only be used for people who are sick. It should not be thought of as something fun to do. 

britmichele
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Agree:)

Quoting littlemoments99:

My kids will not do any drugs. I will teach them why they are bad...all of them, even marijuana. I am not friends with people who smoke marijauna and so they will not be around my kids. The people who smoke marijuana are usually party people and those are not the type of people I want to be around. I would much rather play a card or board game and have fun doing that. Or have a marathon of your favorite movies/tv show. Or even go do something, bowling, lazertag, something. You can do so many other things than smoke something. I'm sorry if this sounds a little mean. I just get annoyed with this topic. I hate that people are so relaxed about a drug. It's a drug. Drugs should only be used for people who are sick. It should not be thought of as something fun to do. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)