Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Let's have a discussion...

Do you think it is bad to smoke marijuana around children? What age do you think is appropriate to smoke around them? Would you ever have the "marijuana" talk with your kids or introduce them to marijuana? Would you be upset if your kid(s) starting smoking marijuana?

Do you smoke marijuana? How often?

I'm not posting this because I smoke just curious as to how others feel about it. I personally don't mind if others smoke just not around my son.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Replies (31-34):
EireLass
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I eat a totally organic diet. Actually 75% of the food we consume is from the local farms (I'm fortunate as to where I live). And the balance of that is home made, or made locally.

I've never smoked cigarettes. I also agree smoke can't be good for the lungs.

I have reached full potential with prescription meds for my disabilities. My doctors are now going to try cannabis oil, cannabis infused foods, and cannabis balm.

I'm 54, it's never let me to use any harder drugs.

So is pot okay for me?

Quoting shagany:

I don't think any type of smoke is good for the body.  I've seen too many people become so burnt out from smoking pot, and most times it leads to harder drugs.  I would never smoke pot in front of a child, that's a terrible idea.  Our bodies have enough crap in them from the food today, why would you add too. It's not healthy.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM

No, I don't smoke it. I do not think it is appropriate unless medically necessary as determined by a physician.  I have told my kids we do not put un needed drugs in our bodies for any reason.  That's just the way I see it.

ETA I also agree smoking is bad for one regardless of what one is smoking.  

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Yes - i think it is bad to smoke marijuana around children.  I would not choose to introduce my children to marijuana nor engage in it's use, as that would be my teaching certificate on the line.

Yes - I would be upset if my kids started smoking marijuana.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:04 PM
I've never done any type of drugs and I have never smoked anything. I've had plenty of opportunity to, I just never felt the need to. Peer pressure never pressured me.

That being said, I don't care what other people do or have done. It's legal to smoke marijuana here now in WA. I don't judge if my friends smoke it, wherever they live. My kids haven't been around other people smoking it, and all of my girls but one have been through the D.A.R.E. program at school and they say they will never do any type of drugs partly because of that program but mostly because their daddy and I lead by example by not smoking or doing drugs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN