Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Diva cup questions

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:06 PM
  • 14 Replies

do any of you ladies use one?

how long before you get the hang of it?

how do you know if you put it in correctly or incorrectly?

is the stem supose to be out, like a tampon shring would be?

i Just got mine this week, just in time! i started yesterday and i had a party for my son so i just used a tampon because i was afraid of leaking. i put in the cup a little while after getting home and im not sure if itll hold up, if i did it right. i couldnt turn it really like the direction said to, do you have to do the step?

I couldnt take it anymore and couldnt sleep for fear i had it in wrong so i took it out ast night. I did try again this morning and ive had it in since but im still worried its to far up or just compleatly in wrong. I havent noticed any leaks so maybe it is in correctly?

really im looking for any pros and cons and advice on these

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
londamg
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:07 PM

bump

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I use SoftCup, which is similar.  It's basically a disposable variation of the Diva.  My guess is that if you're not leaking, it's in correctly.  That's the case with the SoftCup, and it would make sense that it would be the same with the Diva.

I hope someone with Diva Cup experience can help you out!

londamg
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:48 PM

do you like the softcup?

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Bumping for you.  I haven't used one.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:30 AM
I have never used one
britmichele
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:32 AM
I can't use it with my iud :( but bump for you :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
londamg
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Bump
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM
I have toyed with buying one for years... Let us know what you think as you continue to get used to it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
londamg
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:07 PM

so far not so good. i think i need to trim the stem as it pokes me. i also wonder if the cup size is too large. i went with the 2nd size as ive been pregnant full term twice and am thirty. i actually stopped using the cup yesterday i was so worried it was going to leak while i was school. now that im not using it i feel very sore, as if it was there. i am not sure if i bruised my insides or what. I may try the cup again in a few months but I dont know. I mean it was my first time so i had difficulty getting it in,it popping open to soon and getting it out. At this point i think i like tampons and pads much better unfortunately. I was looking to get rid of the chemicals and monthly expense.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

I have toyed with buying one for years... Let us know what you think as you continue to get used to it.

curlycupcake
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:09 PM
I gave up on the diva. I tried for like six months. Every time I leaked. It was a pain in the ass. Sorry, I hope it works out for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)