Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

confused mom

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ive purchased ahome 1 yr ago and i have a 30 yr oldso n who has been trying to get his business offf thr ground .I am running short of funds. should I get a partime job as well IM IN MY 50"S.NEED advice

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Why doesn't your son find a way to finance his business venture himself? He can get the part time job. In your fifties if you do get an additional job, you should throw your addtl earnings into your retirement fund.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EarlGrayHot
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM
2 moms liked this

IF you're giving money to your adult some and hurting yourself financially then call a halt to that and worry about yourself first.  Do not get a second job if that's the reason.  Have you considered refinancing at a lower interest rate?  Good luck!

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Other than offering moral support to your son I wouldn't give him any money, you have your own bills to pay and retirement to worry about. And yes, I would get a second job so you have a safety net of savings.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:34 PM
I agree with everyone else - good luck to you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I agree.  At age 30 your son needs to figure out a way to take care of his finances that won't hurt you financially too.

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

IF you're giving money to your adult some and hurting yourself financially then call a halt to that and worry about yourself first.  Do not get a second job if that's the reason.  Have you considered refinancing at a lower interest rate?  Good luck!

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM

THIS

Quoting calsmom62:

Why doesn't your son find a way to finance his business venture himself? He can get the part time job. In your fifties if you do get an additional job, you should throw your addtl earnings into your retirement fund.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I would.  I am looking for work now, I am 45.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN