Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Throw down at the walk in clinic?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM
  • 17 Replies

Today I had to go to the walk in clinic. I am sick as a dog with a sinus infection. Anyway, this guy, his wife and kids were there. He and the boy about age 6 were practically wrestling in the seats. He'd punch  him, not too hard though, in the side and make him laugh and then tell him to be quiet. Then the kid would actually slap him in the face a pretty hard smack for a 6 year old. They seemed to think this was funny or appropriate for a doctor's waiting area.  I mean they were all but having a throw down.  I don't mind peopel playing with their kids in a rough way or even play wrestling but it just seems that was not a good place to do this.  This went on and on, then I was called to the back.  Now, if you do engage in rough play with your kids, do you do it in a public venue such as that??

And do you let your kids smack you hard enough in the face it is loud?  What is acceptable for rough house play in your opinion??

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

there is a time and place for that type of behavior and i would be embarrassed if my family acted like that in public and you kinda wonder what they do behind close doors!!

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like noone was sick, actually
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Yeah they weren't as sick as I am......or didn't appear to be. I had my kids with me and they were well behaved. I was so glad my kids no how to act. However the dad was part of the problem in this situation. Maybe they were there for some other reason, employment physical, although you wouldn't think you would bring your kids to that.

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:11 PM

yeah, i certainly wouldn't.....

Quoting Thelmama:

Yeah they weren't as sick as I am......or didn't appear to be. I had my kids with me and they were well behaved. I was so glad my kids no how to act. However the dad was part of the problem in this situation. Maybe they were there for some other reason, employment physical, although you wouldn't think you would bring your kids to that.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Heres how I look at it;

Did it hurt you?

Did it hurt anyone else?

Did their behavior cost you anything?

Did you have to wait longer because of their behavior?

Then don't worry about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:20 PM

LOL. I am not worried about it. I was making conversation about how people view horseplay.  LOL..it is posted for discussion sake.  We all view things differently, I could care less what they do. I just wondered how other view horse play in a public place. I used a real life example, didn't ruin or change my day. It just made me curious about how others would view it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Heres how I look at it;

Did it hurt you?

Did it hurt anyone else?

Did their behavior cost you anything?

Did you have to wait longer because of their behavior?

Then don't worry about it.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds insane!

We may roughhouse at home - but not out and about!

Texascandee
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't mind the rough housing  but not in a dr's office.  Really shouldn't be in any public place imo..........do it at home

LML1
by Kristy on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been known for finding a corner and doing time outs anywhere my child has an outburst. Difference is my dd is 3 at 6 I expect my child act differently...

sjump25
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Not in public and definitely would not allow my 6 year old to slap me in the face.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN