Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

surrogate

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:56 PM
  • 8 Replies

My Husband and I are starting the process of useing a surrogate or a company  right now i'm on Birth Control Pills to get started when i'm looking into this what should i ask  or how to find a surroagte on my own. first time doing this .Thanks Molly

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Trying to understand - why are you on birth control pills?

MessedUpMama
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:56 AM

My niece has been a surrogate a couple of times. I think she did it personally with the couple. She met at least one of them on a message board. I think there is a message board here on CafeMom for support for Moms thinking about using surrogates and for Moms who would be a surrogate, but I'm not sure. I would do a search here, and then join if I found it. If nothing else those ladies will understand better how you feel, what you worry about, and they might be able to help you with your search.

Ricanme
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:19 AM

WHAT????

Quoting Kris_PBG:

unspecified42
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Because cycling for donor egg IVF requires the donor syncing cycles with the surrogate. Both donor and surrogate do BCP until the cycle starts a month before the transfer.

OP- you can find surrogates online through classifieds. Surromomsonline.com has an active classifieds section, but you REALLY need to understand the process and have an experienced attorney if you want to match independently. The other option is matching through an agency which will have pre screened potential surrogates.

Quoting Ricanme:

WHAT????

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Thanks for clarifying - I didn't know that. :)

Quoting unspecified42:

Because cycling for donor egg IVF requires the donor syncing cycles with the surrogate. Both donor and surrogate do BCP until the cycle starts a month before the transfer.

OP- you can find surrogates online through classifieds. Surromomsonline.com has an active classifieds section, but you REALLY need to understand the process and have an experienced attorney if you want to match independently. The other option is matching through an agency which will have pre screened potential surrogates.

Quoting Ricanme:

WHAT????

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sjump25
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I know nothing about this process, but good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bigmama423
by Liz on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:41 PM
: )

Quoting sjump25:

I know nothing about this process, but good luck!
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:42 PM
I have no idea, but I am wishing you lots of luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)