Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Update on my job search

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM
  • 10 Replies

One job I applied for, I was "over qualified". Uhm, I am ready and willing to work despite being "over qualified. I would do the job well at the pay offered, so what's the problem?

I submitted a resume today and am in wait mode again.

Some I never heard back from with any explanation.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:23 PM

That must be SO frustrating!!!!!!!!!!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM

It is very frustrating. But I WILL find a job.  We just can't make it with gas and grocery prices going up.  

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm in the same boat.  I've come across listings for so many jobs I'm 'overqualified' for, as well as some I am just barely unqualified for.  I'm in the process of applying for a position as a clerk at my local police department.  I feel like I'm just sitting around, waiting, though, because I can't actually submit the application until I submit my typing test results.  I took the test 13 days ago, and I'm still waiting for the certificate to come.  The site stated it could take up to 3 weeks, but I'm going stir crazy!  I want that stupid piece of paper so I can feel like I'm actually doing something.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I always hate that waiting period before hearing back from a job.   I hope you find one fast./  Good luck

sjump25
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Frustrating! Good luck with the search!

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Still wishing you good luck!

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

GOOD LUCK!!  And whoever hires you will be very lucky to have you on board!!!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I hear ya. Good luck to you too.

Quoting taniamorse85:

I'm in the same boat.  I've come across listings for so many jobs I'm 'overqualified' for, as well as some I am just barely unqualified for.  I'm in the process of applying for a position as a clerk at my local police department.  I feel like I'm just sitting around, waiting, though, because I can't actually submit the application until I submit my typing test results.  I took the test 13 days ago, and I'm still waiting for the certificate to come.  The site stated it could take up to 3 weeks, but I'm going stir crazy!  I want that stupid piece of paper so I can feel like I'm actually doing something.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Thanks everyone. On Friday I am going to print out a bunch of resumes...as I need pay day to get ink and then hand them out at medical facilities, the school board, etc etc.  I am going to dress up like for an interview and go out. Well if I can get rid of this cough......I thinking hacking up my lungs can not be a good look for handing our resumes. LOL

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Good Luck! I've heard when you least expect it, one will appear.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN