Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lets get a Divorce so we can get more Money from Welfare! Update

Posted by   + Show Post

They have mediation on Monday and are supposed to come to an agreement on custody of their oldest. If they can't then the judge will decide for them the Monday after. I hope she wins this...

That is what my sil's soon to be ex said to her. They separated a year ago when their dd was 1 1/2 and she was pregnant with their second. She's been wanting to work it out but he's being super flaky, flip flopping around. One minute saying yes they'll get back together then filing for divorce and suing for custody of their 2yo the next.

His latest scheme was on Valentines day. He told her he had a surprise for her. She was all excited! So he calls and tells her that he still loves her and wants to be with her and be a family again. *She swoons* Then he says "But I still want a divorce and custody of the oldest." "We can still be together but this way we'll get more money from Welfare." His reasoning is, she gets 650 for both kids. But if they split the kids, they'll each get 520 and he won't have to pay child support.

Welfare fraud at it finest....She said hell no, I'll see you in court then hung up on him. What a shitty Valentines day :-(

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Replies (321-328):
opal10161973
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:29 PM

IDK.  I just kept thinking how pitiful they were.  SMH

Quoting paganbaby:

Is it really worth it??

Quoting opal10161973:

When I was 18, I knew a middle aged couple that was doing that.  They lived together, but they had divorced, just so they could get more money in PA, etc.  Since she was the custodial parent, he had to have his stuff sent to another address and if they ever had someone come to the house for whatever reason, he had to leave and go to a friend's house.  It was some fuckery, let me tell you.

zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:45 AM

He doesn't need custody at all. He needs to get off his lazy ass and support his family.

men like this make me glad I"m single.

chbamb2001
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I was in school full-time and the benefits I was receiving were not enough to pay the bills so I asked her how to increase the amount. She told me that the only way to increase what I was already getting was to have another baby. Only, the way she told me was seriously like she expected me to go right out and get pregnant again. (FYI, as soon as I discovered I was pregnant, I chose to be celibate for 10 years until I married my husband of twelve years. I did not want to expose my child to a revolving door of men in and out of her life). So, I left school just shy of a degree and went to work. I finally got the degree in 2009 and my child is now a sophomore in college herself.
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:38 PM

If they divorce and live a part then no. But I think he wants to live with her and just claim different addresses.

Quoting Caitlyn137:

If their divorced then its not fraud .

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I'm sorry you had to quit just before you finished. That sucks.

And wow! 10 years? You're a strong woman,lol.

Quoting chbamb2001:

I was in school full-time and the benefits I was receiving were not enough to pay the bills so I asked her how to increase the amount. She told me that the only way to increase what I was already getting was to have another baby. Only, the way she told me was seriously like she expected me to go right out and get pregnant again. (FYI, as soon as I discovered I was pregnant, I chose to be celibate for 10 years until I married my husband of twelve years. I did not want to expose my child to a revolving door of men in and out of her life). So, I left school just shy of a degree and went to work. I finally got the degree in 2009 and my child is now a sophomore in college herself.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Yes he does.

Quoting zeesmuse:

He doesn't need custody at all. He needs to get off his lazy ass and support his family.

men like this make me glad I"m single.

Caitlyn137
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:30 PM
My dentist is going to get a divorce soo she can go back to school and get financial aid . Its not moral but its legal
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ChamerahKadina_
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:09 PM

should of  recorded conversation & showed it to judge , u should call back &  try to get him to repeat himself that way judge can understand whats really going on..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)