Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Scanning other women

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 21 Replies

Do you do this? I don't do this quite often, but I can't help scan (stare) over a woman top to bottom if she is

1). Super hot/sexy/cute (and I go wow nice!)

2) wearing vulgar clothes (when me and my dh went to buy some furniture at a popular store, a woman selling the furniture was wearing a tank dress with her boobs spilling out - with my dh still around, I was kind of embarrased that her nipples might pop out any minute!)

Do you scan women? Why?

Looking for great fashion finds, blow out sales, store-wide clearances? ValueShop at cafemom is a deal alert system that lets you shop the brands for the least price possible. Join and enjoy!

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes - for the sane reasons you listed. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lisahappymom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I suppose that vulgar clothing like that would be hard not to notice. 

I tend to look at other women for clothing ideas.  If I see something that looks cute on a woman I begin wondering what search terms I could use to find it on ebay.    :-)

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM
I check out shoes and pocketbooks, and then if the outfit coordinates would it be a combo I might consider....
Ilaynasmommy
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly. Heck I went in the gas station for gas and when i got back in the car I told dh "that cashier would be my type" lol he went in to see.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Yes - for the sane reasons you listed. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LawMom8308
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Yes!!!!!

LawMom8308
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Sorry. Having problems with replying. I think I check out women more than men. But unfortunately I scan chicks to compare.
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I notice sometimes, but it has to be really over the top for me to notice.  I am pretty oblivious to most things, lol!

CharlotteRose
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Only if they are wearing vulgar clothing - kinda want to go up and ask them "who in the hell dressed you this morning"? LOL

loveTHEviking
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL :)

Quoting CharlotteRose:

Only if they are wearing vulgar clothing - kinda want to go up and ask them "who in the hell dressed you this morning"? LOL

1CrazyCajun
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Kinda. I'm a shoe whore, so I always look at their shoes. If it's open toe, I see if they have a pedi or at least keep their toenails/heels looking nice.

Otherwise, no I don't scan over anything else.

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting not quite your style. Are you more laid back?Come join other like minded moms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)