Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Scanning other women

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you do this? I don't do this quite often, but I can't help scan (stare) over a woman top to bottom if she is

1). Super hot/sexy/cute (and I go wow nice!)

2) wearing vulgar clothes (when me and my dh went to buy some furniture at a popular store, a woman selling the furniture was wearing a tank dress with her boobs spilling out - with my dh still around, I was kind of embarrased that her nipples might pop out any minute!)

Do you scan women? Why?

Looking for great fashion finds, blow out sales, store-wide clearances? ValueShop at cafemom is a deal alert system that lets you shop the brands for the least price possible. Join and enjoy!

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
CharlotteRose
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG!  Im a purse whore!  Forget the outfit show me the purse!!!

Quoting 1CrazyCajun:

Kinda. I'm a shoe whore, so I always look at their shoes. If it's open toe, I see if they have a pedi or at least keep their toenails/heels looking nice.

Otherwise, no I don't scan over anything else.

MJP76
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I do. For the same reasons you mentioned.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:50 PM

No not really.  I don't even think about it. LOL

LML1
by Kristy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I scan a crowd to be aware of my surroundings but not check anyone out. While standing in line at a store if someone in front or behind me has a cute purse or nice hair, I compliment.

bigmama423
by Liz on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Yeah I do. Same reasons you listed above. : )
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sjump25
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I do the same thing.  I was in the waiting area at the bank for a long time today and the whole time i was watching all the women that work there and looking at their cute outfits. lol

Quoting lisahappymom:

Yes, I suppose that vulgar clothing like that would be hard not to notice. 

I tend to look at other women for clothing ideas.  If I see something that looks cute on a woman I begin wondering what search terms I could use to find it on ebay.    :-)

Ani2013
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM

haha..i'd so love myself to be oblivious to things or people around me - but I can't - always on the look out for what's going on in front of me..just nature I guess!

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

I notice sometimes, but it has to be really over the top for me to notice.  I am pretty oblivious to most things, lol!

Looking for great fashion finds, blow out sales, store-wide clearances? ValueShop at cafemom is a deal alert system that lets you shop the brands for the least price possible. Join and enjoy!

Ani2013
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I'm curious - do the women sometimes look at you like "what the heck!" when you stare at them? haha its funny, cause my intentions aren't bad - i mean, just looking at their clothes (well sometimes angrily looking at their clothes cause of the way they dress vulgar) - but other than that, simply checking out for their dresses and makeup or shoes - do you get a "what are you looking at??" kinda look? Just curious.

Quoting sjump25:

I do the same thing.  I was in the waiting area at the bank for a long time today and the whole time i was watching all the women that work there and looking at their cute outfits. lol

Quoting lisahappymom:

I tend to look at other women for clothing ideas.  If I see something that looks cute on a woman I begin wondering what search terms I could use to find it on ebay.    :-)

sjump25
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I'm not blatantly staring them down. I just people watch. I don't usually get caught, but if I do it's because they are people watching too. Lol. I'm not a creepo just staring at people. Lol

Quoting Ani2013:

I'm curious - do the women sometimes look at you like "what the heck!" when you stare at them? haha its funny, cause my intentions aren't bad - i mean, just looking at their clothes (well sometimes angrily looking at their clothes cause of the way they dress vulgar) - but other than that, simply checking out for their dresses and makeup or shoes - do you get a "what are you looking at??" kinda look? Just curious.

Quoting sjump25:

Quoting lisahappymom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherylam
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Nope, don't care.  Some women dress like sluts for the attention, and I don't feel threatened by any of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)