Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Pagan moms I have a question

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:20 PM
  • 15 Replies
Are there "evil" or "bad" deities in your belief system?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SaGe_Ed
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I assume it's different for everyone.  And probably different in different pantheons too.  But personally, in my belief system, no.  There is no evil deity or devil like character or god.  There is also no absolute perfect being either.  The Goddess is pretty close, but even she has "human" qualities.  Everything that exists contains good and bad and it is our duty to attempt to cleanse ourselves of the bad and focus on the good.  "And harm ye none" is one of the creeds I live by.  Hope that answered your question at least a little.

Hippie.Gypsy
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I am a mix between Buddhist and Pagan, and no we (I) don't believe in a "devil" kind of figure. As a PP said, there is good and bad to everything, just gotta work towards the good.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Thank you for your response!! I appreciate it.

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

Well, I assume it's different for everyone.  And probably different in different pantheons too.  But personally, in my belief system, no.  There is no evil deity or devil like character or god.  There is also no absolute perfect being either.  The Goddess is pretty close, but even she has "human" qualities.  Everything that exists contains good and bad and it is our duty to attempt to cleanse ourselves of the bad and focus on the good.  "And harm ye none" is one of the creeds I live by.  Hope that answered your question at least a little.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbradford
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I am not Pagan but I hold no judgment either. In Christianity God is a perfect Creator and Satan is the evil temptor, if you will.

Different denominations tend to do things a bit differently. However, in my family we teach love, non judgement, and forgiveness. I try really hard to lead by example.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jbradford
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Sorry thought you were asking me to respond. I misread your comment.
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Nope.

mitsukai127
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM
This is what I believe.

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

Zazayam
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:54 AM

What she said

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

MJP76
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:42 PM

This. Every god and goddess have different aspects to themselves.

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Im Catholic and this is very interesting, and isn't this  what we are striving for? Esp focus on the good.....

......Quoting SaGe_Ed:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN