Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Did/does this annoy anyone else?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM
  • 40 Replies

If your SO drinks while you are pregnant. 

I guess my thought is - we are in this together, so if I have to suffer, so do you! Lol. It just feels like he is being a team player and being supportive thru the tough nine months. Anyone else feel the same?

My husband says to me its only 9 months, so why can't he do it too? 

Mind you, we are NOT alcoholics. We socially drink, which isn't too often. But still, I feel left out and like my feelings are not cared about when he goes out and drinks anyways, or worse, in front of me! 

Then again, I AM 7 weeks pregnant and maybe I'm just a B****! Lol!

Our first pregnancy together I told him before we even got pregnant, he would have to stick it out with me on the sober end. He promised he would and then drank anyways. It was really hurtful. Stupid empty promises.

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry. No it's not okay for him to drink when you can't. Does he drink in fromt of you?

schatzi869
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this
No, it did not bother me. He wasn't pregnant, I was.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
snharden44
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this
That sucks, my husband did the same thing.
sabrtooth1
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM
3 moms liked this

It was a ridiculous demand to make in the first place.   And the very fact that you made it, PLUS that it is SOOO stressfull that you cannot drink while he does, puts a lie to your statement that you are NOT alcoholics.

angie944
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I let my husband, but he only went out on occasion, not a lot at all.. Maybe about 3-4 times my whole pregnancy.

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:45 PM
2 moms liked this

yeah, i think supporting each other is very essential to a healthy and well being mom -

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:48 PM

It never bothered me.  I would even pick him up the occasional 6 pack for him.

loveTHEviking
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:12 PM
3 moms liked this

Never bothered me either. I do hope things get better for you guys & congrats on your pregnancy :)!

itsamadfrenzy
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:57 PM

My DH is a big sports fan and drinks while he watches the game. Its not a big deal to me because I honestly dont drink much even if I am not pregnant. I am not 21 wks pregnant and for Valentine's Day we even went to a hockey game where he drank.. not a big deal. I am happy in our relationship and dont sweat the small stuff. 

Dont worry, pregnancy can make your hormones go crazzzzy! LOL I used to cry that my stomach no longer went under water when I took a bath.. We all have our moments :) 

sarasue719
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Yes, we are usually attached at the hip. :-) lol glad to know its not just me!

Quoting paganbaby:

I am so sorry. No it's not okay for him to drink when you can't. Does he drink in fromt of you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN