Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

How scary/creepy is this??

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:08 AM
  • 40 Replies
I belong to a few local groups on my facebook that are for buying and selling of used goods. Kind of like a virtual yard sale.

People used to always meet in the same place, which is at a grocery store. Until a couple weeks ago some creeper kept approaching some of the people and just being really weird. They think he is mentally ill because he kept telling one lady that she was his wife. She jumped in her car and drove away and he followed her all the way to the police station!!! He even told the police that she was his wife and that she was just mad at him. The police did nothing.

Now everyone in the yardsale group are saying that this same man is following some of the women home!! Yesterday he knocked on one ladies door wearing a mask but he saw the ladies husband and left.

This man is obviously harrassing people and probably stalking some of us. We think he is probably in the FB group and watching where everyone is meeting. Can't the police pick him up for harrassment? What happens when he finds someone vulnerable???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbradford
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:39 PM
That's scary. I would think that they could do something. But I don't think they can keep him forever. Be very alert. Get some strong mace!
JoanB1117
by New Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I would definitely call the police. Thats scary!!
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:46 PM
I was thinking mace too! Or a stun gun!

Quoting jbradford:

That's scary. I would think that they could do something. But I don't think they can keep him forever. Be very alert. Get some strong mace!
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I just don't understan why the police haven't picked him up already.

Quoting JoanB1117:

I would definitely call the police. Thats scary!!
jbradford
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:53 PM
The company Cold Steel makes an really good one.

Quoting Bmama1:

Quoting jbradford:

Texascandee
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Wow, that is scary and creepy.............I'm not sure what your re course would be.  If he followed someone to the police station and they did nothing, not sure what they can do.  Going to someone's house with a mask on is just scary period............good thing her hubby was home.  Has anyone said anything to him or ask him what his problem is?

EmmaGlenn20
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I would think the police would do something if they had enough people complaining...that's very creepy :(
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:56 PM
A good stun gun? Cool. Ill check it out. Thanks!

Quoting jbradford:

The company Cold Steel makes an really good one.

Quoting Bmama1:

Quoting jbradford:

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:58 PM
When he followed that lady to the police station she said they searched him truck and questioned him. I don't know what his deal is.

Quoting Texascandee:

Wow, that is scary and creepy.............I'm not sure what your re course would be.  If he followed someone to the police station and they did nothing, not sure what they can do.  Going to someone's house with a mask on is just scary period............good thing her hubby was home.  Has anyone said anything to him or ask him what his problem is?

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I know! I would think so too. They probably won't do anything until someone gets hurt. :-(

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

I would think the police would do something if they had enough people complaining...that's very creepy :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN