Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

She asked me to change my time but invites were already mailed!!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:20 AM
  • 6 Replies

I'm planning a 60th bday party for my mom. The event will be on a Saturday in March from 3-6 at my church (we have a fellwoship hall). I went to a church business meeting & requested the use of the church from 2-7 so I could have an hour before & after for set up/clean up. I was approved for the use (church members looked at the calendar of events, saw there was nothing on the calendar, & voted that I could use the church. So I mailed the invitations this past Monday on my way to work.

Today I get a text message from the youth leader (who was invited) saying her DD just gave her the invite & there is a conflict. The youth group is hosting an easter egg hunt for the community that day 2-4. It was already put on the church calendar. And my 16yo DS was at that meeting at the end of December because he is a big part of some things that are going on. Yes, the piece of paper he brought home that day said there was a "youth outreach" but it didn't say exactly what or what time. Nor has anything been mentioned at church yet about it. 

So the youth leader asked me to change the time of my party! She said there's plenty of time to let people know about it! She asked if I could use the church 5-8 instead. I pretty much told her exactly what the 1st paragrah here says- I requested the date & time at a business meeting & no one said it was being used already. And I asked why couldn't she change the date & time of the easter egg hunt since it hadn't been annouced to the church & no flyers had gone out to the community. She said she would see what she could do. Then she text me saying she would move it to the next day (which is Palm Sunday).

I'm glad she could change it but it really irks me that she pretty much insisted I change my event after I told her I already mailed invites out! It's not like this is going to be a small get together... it's my mother's 60th! People are coming from out of town & out of state (hopefully) for this. Plus- I don't have email addresses to all of these people! That would mean more mail to be sent (envelopes, paper, more printer ink, STAMPS). That's twice what I have already spent! 

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Lovemyshadows
by Carol on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:45 AM

I'm glad everything could be scheduled so everyone is happy.  I hope Mom's party is great!

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I'm glad it worked out! That would have seriously irritated me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I'm glad it worked out - kind of odd she thought you should change your event !!!
amonkeymom
by Amy on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I'm glad she rescheduled.  It sounds to me like you had approval and she had been working on assumption.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:46 PM
It worked out move on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Glad to hear everything is okay :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN