Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Older siblings helping younger siblings with academics

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 26 Replies
I recently bought my younger son some educational games that focus on sight words, rhyming, etc...

My older son has been so good about encouraging ds2 to play the games. I never asked him to, but he has been encouraging ds2 to play them and ds1 plays them with him as though they are engaging and fun.

It is nice bc ds2 thinks anything ds1 does is great - so he happily plays the games with ds1, bc if ds1 does it, it must be "cool"! Lol!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:42 AM
That's really great!!! A good motivator!!!
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes - I am thankful!!!

Quoting calsmom62:

That's really great!!! A good motivator!!!

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:21 PM

That's great! I've always had older siblings help the younger when it comes to homework. My oldest dd helped ds until he started home schooling. Now ds (8) helps dd (6) with her reading. He quizzes her on her sight words which really helps both of them. Ds is behind in reading so this helps with his confidence :-)

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Is your life that busy?

Quoting paganbaby:

That's great! I've always had older siblings help the younger when it comes to homework. My oldest dd helped ds until he started home schooling. Now ds (8) helps dd (6) with her reading. He quizzes her on her sight words which really helps both of them. Ds is behind in reading so this helps with his confidence :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Does it have to be? Being part of a family means helping each other.

Is your life that busy?

Quoting paganbaby:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Or you can teach your kids and let your older kids be kids instead of parents. It doesn't take that much time. Im sure you can squeeze in a lesson.

Quoting paganbaby:

Is your life that busy?

Quoting paganbaby:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM

You know what? I'm not going to high jack Kris's thread over this. I'll make my own right now.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Or you can teach your kids and let your older kids be kids instead of parents. It doesn't take that much time. Im sure you can squeeze in a lesson.

Quoting paganbaby:

Is your life that busy?

Quoting paganbaby:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this
That is great!!! I bet it helps a lot!

Quoting paganbaby:

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Huh?

Siblings choosing to help each other has nothing to do with life being busy.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Is your life that busy?

Quoting paganbaby:

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM
So bc a sibling quizzes the other one, they aren't being kids?

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting paganbaby:

Is your life that busy?

Quoting paganbaby:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)