Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

It's not their job to raise their little brother or sister, it's yours.

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What is your opinion of older kids helping to take care of their younger brothers and sisters?

Options:

Unnaceptable. You are the parent, not them. Take care of your own children.

I think it's okay for siblings to help out every now and then but not all the time.

I think it's a great idea.It brings family closer together and it teaches kids responsibility.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 202

View Results

This is a spin off of the Older siblings helping younger siblings with academics post.

I have 6 kids in my family. 3 of my own, 13, 8 and 6. Plus a 3yo nephew 2yo neice and 3 month old neice. And I have to say I rely on the older to help with the younger.

Starting when my oldest dd was 5, I had her watching 1 week old brother in his crib while I took a shower. When she was 7 she was rocking baby sister to sleep and now she regulary babysits whenever me and dh go out. 8yo ds helps take 3yo cousin to the bathroom and tutors his 6yo sister with her sight words. 6yo dd changes her 2yo cousins diapers, gets her snacks and "baby sits" while I clean the house.

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Replies (171-171):
AlwayzBNM3
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I think there is nothing wrong with siblings helping out. Especially if you have older ones having their hands out wanting money lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)