Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I wish I had a maid!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM
  • 22 Replies
3 moms liked this

Since begining to work my house like a big mess. So I went out and bought those small clear drawers to keep toys/coloring book/puzzles in. Hopefully it will stay organized. I'm not 1/2 done and I've been working all day.

How do you guys keep organized?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Have a place for everything, like you said. I have those big shelves with the pull out bins for all the toys and crafts and stuff, and my kids are really good about knowing to put stuff away before they get more out.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Constant battle. Don't bring something in the house if there is no place for it. As soon as it doesn't fit, wears out or if you are style conscious, is so last season, give it away, resell it. Check out flylady.com. 15 min a day to clean and Organized
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

LIke another person said, it's a constant battle here.  Not so much with myself, but with my kids.  

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep without kids my house would be neat as a pin but not much fun.
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I sooooo need a maid.
heavenlybliss19
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM
2 moms liked this

organized?  is that possible?!?

Lovemyshadows
by Carol on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't need a maid, I need a wife!

LML1
by Kristy on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I have one of these. It's a princess one. I paid good money for it too. My daughter just empties her toys out and flips the containers upside down and uses them as step stones... Rotten plain rotten. So I took half of her toys away... I don't think she even noticed or cared.

Quoting Zazayam:

Have a place for everything, like you said. I have those big shelves with the pull out bins for all the toys and crafts and stuff, and my kids are really good about knowing to put stuff away before they get more out.

CafeMom Tickers

LML1
by Kristy on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:35 PM

For me, it's easy getting rid of my unwanted stuff. But for my dd it seems like everything has a memory. I donated/thrown away a lot so far today. I think there maybe another trip to goodwill in the future. Our dd doesn't even miss it. Just showed us she had too much. Hopefully the these clear totes with help us. I will check out flylady thank you.

Quoting calsmom62:

Constant battle. Don't bring something in the house if there is no place for it. As soon as it doesn't fit, wears out or if you are style conscious, is so last season, give it away, resell it. Check out flylady.com. 15 min a day to clean and Organized

CafeMom Tickers

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I really need to check out fly lady bc we are totally overwhelmed over here!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN