Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What made you decide?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:18 PM
  • 422 Replies
4 moms liked this
What made you decide on how many kids you would have?

Was your age a factor? Money? Job? Education? Space? Lifestyle?

It seems today so many people have kids first and worry about the responsibility later.
So many people rely on welfare and other programs to support their bad decision making.

So what was your reason or excuse?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sashamom27159
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM
5 moms liked this

We have one would like two but can not afford it just yet.I was just wondering if you know someone that has had kids first thought about it later you sound kinda of angry in your post.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not angry at all. But there are millions of people who do just what I stated.

Quoting sashamom27159:

We have one would like two but can not afford it just yet.I was just wondering if you know someone that has had kids first thought about it later you sound kinda of angry in your post.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gma12.1
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Pregnant 7 times 3 living kids.

Lovemyshadows
by Carol on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:24 PM
55 moms liked this

We had 2 and were  perfectly happy,  then God laughed and said one more.  

offrdngal
by Terri on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:34 PM
7 moms liked this
I didn't want to have any kids, before I got pregnant. I hated being pregnant so I knew that would be my first and last.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Dh and always knew we wanted 2 - maybe 3.

After we had ds2, we felt our family was complete.

Finances and having our lives in order were pre-requisites prior to ttc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:17 PM
16 moms liked this
I always wanted kids when I was growing up. I wanted 2, a boy and a girl, in that order. I'm an only child, and I wanted my oldest to have a sibling. My husband wanted 8 kids. We met in the middle with 4, 2 more than I really wanted growing up and 4 less than he wanted, and then I ended up conceiving Kaden 5 years after our youngest daughter was born.

It wasn't our age, or anything else that you mentioned that led to us raising the amount of kids we have. 4 just was the amount of kids that we agreed on. Kaden was a wonderful surprise that came out of a horrible situation, and I could not abort him, and I'm so glad my husband never wanted me to. We wouldn't have changed our decision for anything in regards to any of our kids. They are our heart and souls forever. :)
EireLass
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I knew I wanted kids when I was young. Prior to getting married, my husband and I had alot of talks about kids, making sure we were on the same page. We were financially secure. After getting married I got pregnant multiple times, but I only have 2 kids. I had a bi-cornuit uterus and although it was easy to get pregnant, it was hard to hold the baby.

Jscott1216
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Didn't really have a choice. I have 3 wonderful step kids 2 boys and a girl lol
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM
2 moms liked this

We have 4 and fate has determined how many we would have.  I would have loved at least 6 or more but God decided four would be our limit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)