Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Kinda personal.....

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM
  • 24 Replies

Here's my situation:

I go sometimes to my mom and dad's on Sundays  with the girls, we were going out there at 5:30 and leaving at 8:30 getting home at 9:00 ( the girls' bedtime)  I get up at 5:15 every morning to have coffee with DH before the kids get up at 6:00. 

Well, I asked my mom if we could come out at 4:00 or 4:30 and leave at 6 or 6:30 so I could come home and fix supper ( instead of them having to eat at 3:30 or 4:00 to leave at 5 to get to their house) and so the girls wouldn't want to snack over there and go straight to bed when we come home.

Well, we went 1 time out there at 4:30 and it was fine mom didn't like that we only were there 2 hours but, anyways the next weekend after Valentin'es day we didn't go cause my youngest didn't feel good.  I called 2 hours before we were supposed to come but mom and my sister who lives elsewhere had already made stuff to celebrate valentine's.  We didn't go.  They were disappointed and we were to.  Mom tells me this yesterday that we will have to come out at 5:30 like we used to cause it just doesn't give her time to get the house cleaned and her running to town done if we come at 4:30.  So would you go out there and only spend an hour or would you not go ?  Advise please, I'm not sure what I want to do.

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Texascandee
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Hmmm, I don't think I would go.  You know your schedule and what you have to do and if mom doesn't accept that, hell with it.  Can she not do what she has to do on say a Saturday to be ready for your visit on Sunday?

Zazayam
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Why not rotate weekends or something, have your mom and dad come to your place? Or maybe bring dinner so the kids can eat there at their normal time

sherry132
by Sherry on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't like standing family events. I prefer to spur of the moment or special occasions. I will say, I've never tolerated disrupting my kids schedules. 

copper
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM

It's not a scheduled thing it was just started after my sister got married because that's when she could come out.  Mom goes to town both Saturday and Sunday.  She says she understands but then if we don't come out alot she says she never gets to see us.  They can't come here because our house is too small for everyone.  We have a 2 bedroom house with the four of us and 2 dogs!  My dad only has Sundays off and my hubby works 7 days a week  most weeks because he has his own Upholstery shop 30 minutes from home.  He stays half a day on Saturday and Sunday unless it's a big job.  So I'm torn beween staying home with him , me and the girls, or only seeing my mom, dad, sister and neice  only sometimes. shrugging

finlyhappy65
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Well if you were going for 2 hours (4:306:30), why not 5:30 to 7:30 - get home so they have a little down time before bed?

Mom2five87
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Go and don't stay long. Maybe she will realize that if you come later, you can't stay as long.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd go whenever I could for a couple hours.  Not every week, just when you can.  5:30-7:30 sounds good to me.

copper
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks I'll probably just go for an hour or hour and a half that way supper won't be too late still.

MJP76
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally wouldn't go. Youre the one with the children that need schedules. She's being stubborn, she can clean and run to town the day before.

MomTimSaria
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Why doesn't she come visit you at your house?  Maybe trade days each week? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN