Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Question on baby's movements (6 months) PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 8 Replies

My dd is 6 months old and she is very advanced, crawls, sits up, etc. and is very great with her reflexs, etc., functions at about 9 month level, BUT she has always had one leg (her right) that likes to kick a LOT (her other side functions just fine) (I didn't think much of it), but recently she has also started to do the same with her right arm, it going up and down a ton bonking herself in the head, its like when shes tired or over excited I think, but its not constant and she can function just fine and if you hold her leg/arm it stops. Should I call the dr. is the question?

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I would maybe just mention it at her next check up if you're concerned. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I'd talk about it at her next doctor's appointment.

CharlotteRose
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:00 PM

If it will ease your mind i would make an appointment and get her looked at or just make a quick call and express your concern maybe they can make a judgement call over the phone...GL and keep us posted on what you decided to do.....

denisepeace
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:16 PM

My little girl would hit herself in the face involuntarily. It was because she didn't find her hand. I was there the day she did find it. She was laying on the bed and I was changing her diaper. All of a sudden she started staring at her little hand. She brought it so close to her eyes and was really staring at it. It was so funny to see this. Most moms miss it as it happens when babies wake up from naps, or when moms are doing other things. After she found her hand, she stoped the involuntary movements and had more control. Try having the baby concentrate on her hand and even her leg. Make her see they are attached, they are hers, and she does have control over them. I suppose you can have her throw a ball or look at her foot while you put on a sock. There's a chance when she realizes her limbs are attached and they're hers, and she can control them, the invol. movements might stop. If not, talk with the Dr.

mommaboudreaux
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:02 AM

For peace of mind, I would.

karene999
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:17 AM

If you are concerned then get her checked out.

suetoo
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I worry because my 5 month old grandaughter holds her hands clenched and her arms and legs stiff, but she moves well and is meeting her milestones. Ask your dr but I think we just need to worry less. :-)

jb81supergirl
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Thanks everyone, she has been doing it with her other arm too now, not quite as much, but I think its because she is right handed, she swings as she is trying to get her hands doing what she wants them too, i.e. once she connects with daddy's beard she will finally stop and hold his face and rub his beard but if she loses contact she swings to do it again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)