Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

why care when no one else does??

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 10 Replies

im so sick of living my life sourounded by fake people, so called bestfriends that i have known since i was 15 and am now 22, i feeel like people are only out for themselves no one is true or real anymore whats with that?? i can bend over backwards for people jump to the highest jump and still be spit on ,.....i am realy thinking that i would rather live my life alone then waste my time on people aroung me who end up just hurting me in the end,blahhh so sick of life.....

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:41 PM
When people show you who they are - believe them!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NewMom11222011
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:36 PM
2 moms liked this

There are a good people out there, you just have to find them.  But to do that you have to risk being hurt again.  It is worth the risk, though!

Mama2Spencerninja

lisahappymom
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Well said!

Quoting NewMom11222011:

There are a good people out there, you just have to find them.  But to do that you have to risk being hurt again.  It is worth the risk, though!

Mom2wife1
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:33 AM

As time goes on ppl change. You have your whole life to make new friends. Don't look at it as a bad thing, embrace it. 

claire29
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Quoting samantharose55:

im so sick of living my life sourounded by fake people, so called bestfriends that i have known since i was 15 and am now 22, i feeel like people are only out for themselves no one is true or real anymore whats with that?? i can bend over backwards for people jump to the highest jump and still be spit on ,.....i am realy thinking that i would rather live my life alone then waste my time on people aroung me who end up just hurting me in the end,blahhh so sick of life.....

Hi Samantha Rose, you don't have to live you life alone, but you do have to protect yourself.  If you are always saying "yes" to people when you rather not,  a lot of us women had to learn to say "no" when we had our own interests or obligations...people will use you if you let them. 

I grew up in the 70s with Women's Liberation and we had to learn to be assertive and to take care of ourselves first.  When that is accomplished, we help others when we can and if we can. I don't know if this is the case with you, but if it is, read up on being assertive.  It doesn't mean we care any less about others, only that we care and love ourselves and our families first.  They won't like you any less if you say no sometimes...they will respect you.

Hope this helps.

Live * Laugh * Love

Claire

reading

Zazayam
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

You're probably just outgrowing your friends, do many of them have kids? You sound like you're in a different place in life then they are. Surround yourself with happy people and you'll be happier, keep company with a bunch of drama queens and trouble makers and that's all you'll get from life. You're too young to hate life, keep your head up :)

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Sadly but most people are only for themselves.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Quoting Zazayam:

You're probably just outgrowing your friends, do many of them have kids? You sound like you're in a different place in life then they are. Surround yourself with happy people and you'll be happier, keep company with a bunch of drama queens and trouble makers and that's all you'll get from life. You're too young to hate life, keep your head up :)

This isalso true

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I stopped trusting people long ago...
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:35 PM
There are only a few people in this world that I trust besides my kids. I used to trust everyone then I had some things happen and now I am a heck of a lot less trusting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)