Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Omg bathroom horror story (almost)

Posted by   + Show Post
So my 5 year old daughter (Sophia) comes screaming out of the bathroom with her pants around her ankles. "Scorpion!! Scorpion!! Mama there's a BIG ONE!!!" Cracking up & thinking I haven't seen a scorpion in months, since it got cold I go to investigate. "Are you sure baby? I don't see a thing." "No mama, it was a HUGE one crawling on the vent above the potty." So I look up, nothing. I look on the floor nothing. Then I look IN the toilet. And yes, there drowning in the toilet is a scorpion close to 2 inches long!! She had been sitting there!! It would have fallen on her head if she hadn't seen it and ran. God only knows why she was looking up. Now we know they're coming back & it's time to start checking shoes & such. Good grief.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Replies (41-49):
LML1
by Kristy on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM

EEE.. I just got goosebumps.

bambiesmiles
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

ooooh my that would have made me use the potty even more after but then again i would be to scared to lol. Im a big baby about that sort of stuff guess thats why I live in the pacific Northwest. worse we get are spiders ewwww things that crawl creeps me out. :) Shes more brave than me.

jbradford
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM
We get them too. Every one but me and the baby has been stung. DD got the worst one last summer. It was hiding in the laundry. She wanted to help put the clothes in the washer and it got her twice on her arm. She sick the next day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thickmamaof2
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I knew as soon as I read this that you lived in Texas! I live in Killeen. Good thing she saw it.
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:13 PM

eww, I would freak

AlyssaN
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Ick!! I'm so glad I'm in Oregon. Worst we get are irritating spiders. I don't do creepy, crawly things.
momrocks2000
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Yikes.  Brave, smart girl you have there Mama !

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:50 PM
yikes! She's a great scorpion spotter :)
NewMom11222011
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Those and rattlesnakes, coral snakes, water moccasins and copperheads.  But other than that.....

spider

Quoting im_not_trollin:

ick. When I lived in Corpus I was in the shower and one fell from the ceiling onto my hand when I was turning the water off. I was like 6. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not miss the scorpions and tranchulas. Worst part about Texas.

Quoting curlycupcake:

Central Texas.

Quoting whoopsie16:

*shutters*

bump!

ETA:

where ya from mama?

Mama2Spencerninja

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)