Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Would this bother you??

Posted by   + Show Post
Your husband plans a trip for a few days. Already has a plane ticket, but hasn't mentioned anything to you.

Would this bother you??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Replies (71-80):
mom4awesomekids
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes.
bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Thank you, I could always use a friend. It's nice to be able to come here to CM and vent.

It would be nice if he did stand up to them. In our 8 years of marriage, he's only done so twice.

We're already heading for a divorce. It's very sad. I'm just not really sure what else to do... : /

Quoting catstoys4fun:

Sorry to read that! My family didn't like my X the entire time we were together. They got along with him though because he was my choice. I didn't know just how much my brother disliked him though until we were seperated a few years ago, and was shocked! Sounds to me like he needs to sit down with them and say "look I married her, I love her and if you don't give her a try, then you aren't supporting me, and I won't come around as much if at all if you don't. He needs to stand up to them, or later down the road, it will cause problems and you will be heading down Divorce Road, which would be very sad!!Good luck, and if you would like someone to chat with, send me one back and I will give you my email and we can chat :)!

Sunshine2plus2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this
yes
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

That would really get under my skin.  First, because we discuss all purchases over $100 and secondly because he thought it was ok to leave town without telling me.

JTriches
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

YES!! big time.  why so secretive?  Will you complain too much or is he just sneaky?

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Both.
His BS is the reason for my complaining.
; )

Quoting JTriches:

YES!! big time.  why so secretive?  Will you complain too much or is he just sneaky?

catstoys4fun
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:51 PM

No problem. I know what your sorta going through, when my x and I were going through our seperation and divorce, his family wanted nothing to do with me and haven't talked to any of them for over 8 years, and his sister and I were pretty close to. It is good to get on this and vent, but if ya want someone else, just let me know, I'm hear :).

catstoys4fun
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok, well just wanted to let you know I know what you are going through. I haven't talked to his family for over 8 years, and his sister and I were pretty close. I agree, it is nice to vent on this site, but if ya want/need more than that, well I'm here, Just let me know.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I would think it would.

rhiannonaisling
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I would be furious...I'd kick his ass literally and figuratively...but thankfully that won't be a problem for us because his parents live 20 minutes away from us and less than 5 minutes from my parents (though we do see my parents more as they don't smoke and his do and we have 3 children who are just short of being considered ashmatic as well as the fact that I do have full blown asthma...triggered by cigarette smoke amongst other things.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN