Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

does anyone have any good recipies or ideas for cooking fish??

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Replies (11-18):
pixie-buttercup
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually make tilapia and I just season it with salt and pepper and cook it in a pan with hot oil. And I found a simple recipe for a cream sauce. It's really yummy!!

CREAM SAUCE:

Cook together one tablespoonful of butter and two of flour. Add two cupfuls of cream or milk and cook until thick, stirring constantly Season with salt and pepper.

cherylam
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

fresh?  Unbreaded?  With fresh I wrap it in a foil packet with some butter and spices, bake until done, around 15 minutes or so.

Jeni2013
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Awesome thank you

Quoting sabrtooth1:

Never put anything FROZEN in a skillet.  Defrost it first.  And as for sticking/burning, remember "Hot pan, cold oil, food won't stick".  When a pan is hot enough, adding oil on top of the hot metal create a thin film of oil that goes into the pores of the metal, creating a "non-stick" effect. The oil then dances easily on the surface. You will now have to use less oil to saute or stir-fry your food. How to tell if a pan is hot enough?  If a drop on water in the pan sizzles loudly and boils off almost immediately.  You DO have to stand there, watch your food after you put it in the pan, and turn it when needed.

We like fish --catfish, salmon, steelhead, mahi-mahi, rainbow trout, walleye, halibut, snapper--  on the grill, or under the broiler.  If you don't have a fish holder (clamshell basket), cook on a cookie sheet coverd with foil, skin side down.  Season with a brush of olive oil, and a shake of lemon pepper, or cajun seasoning, or Old Bay.  Cook till fish flakes easily, and is no longer translucent.  If you don't mind the smoke, and the oil splatter in the house, you can fry in a pan, as per instructions above. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Bake mine in the oven with butter lemon juice, roasted garlic, 1/2 cup italian dressing dill,  lemon pepper, chives and onion.( mix all seasonings in bowl sprinkle ove fish and other ingredients, cover . Let sit in fridge over night. Or at least 1 hour prior to cooking . Bake for 8 to 12 min in a 376 degree oven or wrap in foil and grill until both sides are flakey. This workers with sole, tilapia, and Swai, trout is fabulous useing this recipee minus the Italian dressing limit marinating to less than 4 hrs. This recipee can also work for chicken as well.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Dip in egg, then bread crumbs, then fry
Jeni2013
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Thank you

Quoting sabrtooth1:

Never put anything FROZEN in a skillet.  Defrost it first.  And as for sticking/burning, remember "Hot pan, cold oil, food won't stick".  When a pan is hot enough, adding oil on top of the hot metal create a thin film of oil that goes into the pores of the metal, creating a "non-stick" effect. The oil then dances easily on the surface. You will now have to use less oil to saute or stir-fry your food. How to tell if a pan is hot enough?  If a drop on water in the pan sizzles loudly and boils off almost immediately.  You DO have to stand there, watch your food after you put it in the pan, and turn it when needed.

We like fish --catfish, salmon, steelhead, mahi-mahi, rainbow trout, walleye, halibut, snapper--  on the grill, or under the broiler.  If you don't have a fish holder (clamshell basket), cook on a cookie sheet coverd with foil, skin side down.  Season with a brush of olive oil, and a shake of lemon pepper, or cajun seasoning, or Old Bay.  Cook till fish flakes easily, and is no longer translucent.  If you don't mind the smoke, and the oil splatter in the house, you can fry in a pan, as per instructions above. 

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:45 PM
mmmm...fish!

My favorite is salmon on the grill with rice, veggies and teriyaki sauce.
Jeni2013
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM
That sounds pretty good

Quoting Kmakksmom:

mmmm...fish!

My favorite is salmon on the grill with rice, veggies and teriyaki sauce.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN