Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

remember those 60s and 70s teen runaways?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:39 AM
  • 16 Replies
One of my siblings was among those who eschewed the establishment and authority, decided the scene at home was too heavy, and split for California in the early 70s. No one had seen this sibling for years, a phone call was received about 10 yrs asking for money but no contact since. Fast forward to Wednesday, I receive notice of their death, about six years prior. Oh I'm sorry, says the caller, this is the first time you have heard this news? Umm yeah.....so parents are dead , sibling is dead, have to suck it up and tell other sibling. But while death wasn't unexpected in someone living the flower child life for 40 years, there was still that glimmer of hope that one day the prodigal child would turn up on the doorstep. Weird finding out that they are no longer here,though in reality they haven't been here for years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jscott1216
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:18 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm sorry. :( I don't know how to respond to this. I know that maybe you haven't seen or heard from your sibling in years and that even though technically they've been passed for 6 yrs now to you and your other sibling this is fresh and its a let down that they aren't coming home and whether they've been gone for a long time and you didn't really know them well or not I'm sure it hurts and rightfully so. So I'm sorry for your loss and I hope that you and your other sibling will find comfort in each other.
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

I am lucky - my brother was seperated from me for 20 years (long story) and we finally found each other 7 years ago. I never thought our story would have a happy ending. Your story makes me feel particularly blessed.
Zazayam
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry for your loss.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Thank you. It's odd, not grieving really, as we did that so many years ago already. It's sad, because there was always hope that a life could be turned around, but that is gone.

Quoting Jscott1216:

I'm sorry. :( I don't know how to respond to this. I know that maybe you haven't seen or heard from your sibling in years and that even though technically they've been passed for 6 yrs now to you and your other sibling this is fresh and its a let down that they aren't coming home and whether they've been gone for a long time and you didn't really know them well or not I'm sure it hurts and rightfully so. So I'm sorry for your loss and I hope that you and your other sibling will find comfort in each other.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Thank you.

Quoting Zazayam:

I'm sorry for your loss.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad you and your brother were able to reconnect!! That story does have a happy ending.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

I am lucky - my brother was seperated from me for 20 years (long story) and we finally found each other 7 years ago. I never thought our story would have a happy ending. Your story makes me feel particularly blessed.

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:08 PM
That's too bad, I'm sorry for your loss.
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Thank you. At least its closure on that chapter.

Quoting bigmama423:

That's too bad, I'm sorry for your loss.

cherylam
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I'm sorry... we always hope for the best, no matter what to the bitter end.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Thank you, and you are right, hope springs eternal.

Quoting cherylam:

I'm sorry... we always hope for the best, no matter what to the bitter end.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)