Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

should I take a chance to move so far away?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 13 Replies
So I live in Idaho I have all my life on the reservation. Right now im moving in with my dad because he needs some help getting around. But my fiance has been wanting to move to san diego. Should I take a chance and move. My mom made me deathly afraid of the world but I dont want to be afraid anymore. Im scared but what do you ladies think?
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilliesValley
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Why not? You can always move back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lovemyshadows
by Carol on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Does your dad live in Idaho? Why does he want to move? Does he have a job there?  If not then stay where you are.

srhea1000
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Take a chance.  I heard San Diego is nice.

Zazayam
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Take a chance, adventures can be great. If it doesn't work out you can always move back home.

PEEK05
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Does your fiance live in San Diego? I'd go. It doesn't have to be a permanent thing if it doesn't work out.

misymac
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:39 PM

San Deigo is AWESOME.. I would move back there in a heart beat.. It's different life style than your Idhao life style. Busy but layed back at the same time..  I assume you have n kids? Pack your bags and go.. There is a international group called Meetup.com that has memeber all over the world.. It is NOT a dating site, it is a social group. Check them out n check out Bake Lake camp gounds when you get there..

Pnukey
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Holy crap, it's a big change from Idaho to San Diego. Living in CA sucks big time anyway. Try to negotiate for somewhere else if your fiance is set on moving.

JACAR2010
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM

He should marry you first before you make such a huge move. Also don't ever go away from your support base ( friends and family) without someone you love and trust in San Diego who will help you if things don't go as planned with your fiancĂ©. 

merryvoice
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Well I'm from San Diego so I say go for it!
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm from Idaho too. Left yrs ago to move overseas and take chances ggatvI never thought is have courage to do. My grandmother was like your mom...she wanted me next to her and would always offer to pay me double to stay over with her instead taking a baby sitting jobs. Take the chance. When I talked about going to Univ Of Idaho or god forbid Northeastern in Boston, she freaked and so I went next door to NIC instead. it wasn't until she passed that I was able to spread my wings. . Many of the kids I went to school with were ffrom Blackfoot and lapwai, many had difficulties from their families' reluctance to let them out into the world .You will still be your mothers daughter, and a daughter of the tribe, but you will also be able to expand your own world. Many of those who went out in the world came back to the res to work with youth or elderly or in tribal govt.....good luck and I hope you will find peace with whatever you choose.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)