Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

My mother is driving me nuts!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:34 PM
  • 26 Replies
So I just gave birth to my third son (via c-section)12 days ago. My mom came to visit and help out while I get better. I'm thankful for that because I know i can't take care of all 3 kids alone when I'm still not a %100 and hubby has been picking up extra hours at work... But shes driving me CRAZY! She wont let me lift a finger! Everytime i do something whether it's get a glass of water or rinse the baby's bottles, she has something negative to say!! "if I wore u I wouldn't get up from bed" or "why r u doing that?" Omg!! What am I supposed to do I'm not used to people doing stuff for me.
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovemyshadows
by Carol on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Relax and enjoy it.  Appreciate you have a mother that drives you nuts!  Think of all the things you can do when she leaves!  Read a book, watch a movie.  SLEEP!

Zazayam
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I can see how that'd be frustrating, but just relax and enjoy it. Be thankful she's there to help you out :)

Mommaofmy2boys
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Thank you ladies :)... I will Try to do NOTHING! lol.. I think reading will help.
misymac
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Take full advantage it it.. It not going to last for ever..LOL  Look at it as a mini vacation and whatever she does that you really don't like or wouldn't do yourself, can be fixed once she gone.. Have her find you a bell to ring and lay back and enjoy it..

hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM
SLEEP!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Yes! This!!! Or go get a Mani pedi and then sleep. Lucky new mom, you have grandma baby nurse.

Quoting hollydaze1974:

SLEEP!

Darianmommy
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Enjoy it she is only trying to help you n make sure you are ok she will be gone soon but for now enjoy it
2moomy
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:10 AM

sleep and relax

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Yup!

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

Relax and enjoy it.  Appreciate you have a mother that drives you nuts!  Think of all the things you can do when she leaves!  Read a book, watch a movie.  SLEEP!

bnkirk24
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:16 AM

It sounds like she is just trying to help you and prevent you from hurting yourself. Take advantage of it cause once you heal she might not help as much. I wish i had help when i had kids besides my husband helping. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)