Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Something unique about you?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:41 PM
  • 38 Replies

I started a new class in Jan and the first day of class the instructor wanted to get to know us, She wanted us to write something unique about ourselves on a sheet of paper and then she went through it with the class.  She did ask if anyone didn't want theirs read.  Well some people said they can crack their left toe knuckles, they speak 3 languages, they are part of a triplet but also a set of twins etc.. nothing too unique but still unique for them.  Mine read I have 4 kids.  Not unique at all.  I didn't know what to put.  I didn't know of anything that is unique to me until later. 

I have very soft cartilage in my left ear.  I play with my ear constantly.  I twist it, turn it, I even tuck it inside my canal lol.  I pinch it in between my fingers and just hold on to it sometimes.  It started when I was a baby when I sucked my thumb, I quit sucking my thumb but continue to play with my ear.  Playing with it has soften my cartilage and now it is very bendable. 

That would be something unique about me.  I just wish I could have thought about it to share at the time but to me that is normal and I don't think of it as unique.  I guess with what the others had said mine is just as unique.

What is something unique about you?

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snharden44
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I rode horses and have fallen off exactly forty times without ever breaking anything! Except maybe my coccyx, I couldn't but pressure of any kind on it for six months, and my mom was too cheap to get X-rays,
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM

oh no, that must have hurt.  nothing like how the saying goes though more than this lol

Quoting snharden44:

I rode horses and have fallen off exactly forty times without ever breaking anything! Except maybe my coccyx, I couldn't but pressure of any kind on it for six months, and my mom was too cheap to get X-rays,

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM
2 moms liked this

My baby sister that my mother put up for adoption when I was 23 months found me through Myspace.  I never even knew that she existed until I got the message from her.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

My baby sister that my mother put up for adoption when I was 23 months found me through Myspace.  I never even knew that she existed until I got the message from her.

that's amazing, how is your relationship with her now as an adult?

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

It's great!  She lives in Michigan and I am in Florida, but we talk several times a week.  Things were a little rocky at first because I was still coming to grips with all the lies that my mother had told to me.  She means the world to me. We even have the same eyes!

Kristie

Me

Quoting hayliedlr:

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:13 PM

that's awesome and you both do have the same eyes, I live in MI and I also know how ya feel (Except my mom didn't keep me from knowing about my sisters) I have 2 older sisters that both were given up, one I knew my whole life (open adoption) my other sister I met when I was 15 and I am close to both of them.

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

It's great!  She lives in Michigan and I am in Florida, but we talk several times a week.  Things were a little rocky at first because I was still coming to grips with all the lies that my mother had told to me.  She means the world to me. We even have the same eyes!

Kristie

Me

Quoting hayliedlr:

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

NewMom11222011
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM
2 moms liked this

DH and I are adopting an 11 y/o out of MA foster care.

Mama2Spencerninja

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Omg that is awesome. Congrats

Quoting NewMom11222011:

NewMom11222011
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Thanks!

Quoting hayliedlr:

Omg that is awesome. Congrats

Quoting NewMom11222011:

Mama2Spencerninja

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Hmmm- I worked on Riker's Island with male sentenced inmates... Is that unique? Hmm - probably not - but it is what I thought of first.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)