Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Instead of throwing her away.....just give her to me...

Posted by   + Show Post

Can you believe someone threw her away??

She is just a couple of days old and survived being thrown away in a plastic bag.  

Give her to me, I'd love her.

Oh and she was born with a tooth, a rare genetic trait.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Judge-decides-Baby-Chloe-will-remain-with-4327180.php#photo-4279844

Quote:

Baby Chloe, the newborn abandoned in a plastic bag, will remain with a foster family until she is adopted, a Harris County judge determined Monday.

A judge granted Child Protective Servicescustody of Chloe and she will remain in the foster home where she was placed last week, said agency spokeswomanEstella Olguin.

The next hearing will be on March 25 and CPS will present prospective adoptive parents to the judge. Many callers asked about adoption after Chloe's story was told in media reports.

Chloe was found on Feb. 19 near a Cypress apartment in the 11000 block of Grant by a woman walking her dog. Officials said they believe Chloe was a few hours old. She was taken to Texas Children's Hospital for treatment and then given to a foster family to wait for a court decision.

CPS officials said they hope relatives will come forward so that she can be placed with them or that an adoptive family will have an idea of her background and family medical history. CPS is required to first consider a relative as a custodian if appropriate family members are willing and able to raise the child.

Chloe is living with a dual foster and adoptive family, who will be eligible for adoption if interested in permanently taking care of her.

Her relatives' rights have not yet been terminated, but in such cases when the parents are unknown that process is expedited, Olguin said.

"We are still making an effort to locate the parents," she said. "It would be good to have that kind of information, but we aren't going to continue to let that slow the case."

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
strangeyfine
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

That is very cool that they smile in the womb.

Quoting Thelmama:

LOL...that made me giggle cause they finally "proved" that babies smile in the womb...where no one can see them unless caught in ultra sound. The article said how shocked they were that babies already showed signs of emotion in the womb.  I said to myself......well it isn't like they come here emotionless and suddenly get emotions just out of the womb.  It made me laugh.  We are born with all we need and it grows in us within the womb.  Some babies just show it better.  All mine smiled at birth or soon thereafter. All of them could put on a wee baby pouty lip that quivered like nobody's business. It was the cutest thing......pout or smile.....they were so cute.  Now of course, baby could not pout to be pouty, but pouting cause baby was upset went with all 3 of mine as newborns.  LOL.  Luckily they really weren't too bad about pouting when they knew how to use that lip.  LOL

Quoting strangeyfine:

I read somewhere that smiling from a young age is an evolutionary trait to make them more appealing to adults. And who can resist a smiling baby? But I agree, babies do feel joy ad contentment.

Quoting Thelmama:

I can't imagine either. She is so cute. She was on Inside Edition and there was footage of her wee little self smiling at just a few days old. I am not one to think smiling comes from gas cause babies can feel joy and contentement. Her foster parents must be surrounding her with love.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope her foster family gets to keep her! What a precious child.

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I saw an article about Baby Chloe a few days ago.  Her smile could melt the coldest heart!  I would imagine there are going to be a lot of people begging to have the honor of adopting her.

bnkirk24
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:11 AM

This really breaks my heart. How could someone do this? I know where i live if you dont want a child you can leave them at a safe place such as a hospital, firestation, police station etc and you dont have to give your name or any information. If you dont want your child atleast leave them with someone safe that will love them unconditionally and take care of them. 

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:15 AM

Exactly.

Quoting bnkirk24:

This really breaks my heart. How could someone do this? I know where i live if you dont want a child you can leave them at a safe place such as a hospital, firestation, police station etc and you dont have to give your name or any information. If you dont want your child atleast leave them with someone safe that will love them unconditionally and take care of them. 

Millertime77
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I would take her in a heartbeat! She is gorgeous!  At least she is alive-that the person who deserted her didn't take her life.  So there is good in the story.  She's got the most amazing smile! Warms my heart! Babies are the greatest gift ever given in life! :)

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

This is so sad, there are so many resources out there with know questions asked.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Kris_PBG:

I can't imagine how someone could do that...:(

Me neither, look at how sweet she is!

Shelly126
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
It's so sad! There is seriously something wrong with anyone that can do that, I mean throw her away?!? That's a huge WTF! Is human life so disposable that it can be thrown away like trash, is any life? I can't understand why or how and I dont care to, for goodness sakes give the child to a family that will care for her and love her. Or how about this, if you can't deal with the idea of having a child, use protection or don't have sex!
cowboysgirl3227
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

That is so so sad.  I would have taken her too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)