Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

why would a teen lie about sex???

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:53 AM
  • 16 Replies

ok ladies i need some advice my nut brain teenage daughter and her nitwit friend at school set out a rumor bout themselves at the middle school...they had set out a rumor they had sex to see how far and how many twist would get added and since yesterday the rumor has gotten out hand i would not had known the rumor had another kids mom call me and ask if i knew what my 14(really 15)not that age matters in this but ask if i knew what she had been doing...now to make matters worse a kid added to the rumor she was pregnant she got a death threat about being a pregnant slut that was going to die...i gave her a prego test and took pic of neg results and sent out text even went talk to princ and vice...they said this is common....well it shouldn't be...i grounded my daughter and the mom of my daughters friend told me i was over reacting....when u receive death threats i feel that by sending pic of neg test and punishment for my kids lie is justifiable!!!!!!! very angry and unnerved!!!

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tinavaz
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:58 AM
You didn't overact! She lied and got herself in a very bad situation she needs to learn to do the right thing mommy can not fix everything. Maybe less time with that friend might be good for her.

Quoting luvhugz08:

ok ladies i need some advice my nut brain teenage daughter and her nitwit friend at school set out a rumor bout themselves at the middle school...they had set out a rumor they had sex to see how far and how many twist would get added and since yesterday the rumor has gotten out hand i would not had known the rumor had another kids mom call me and ask if i knew what my 14(really 15)not that age matters in this but ask if i knew what she had been doing...now to make matters worse a kid added to the rumor she was pregnant she got a death threat about being a pregnant slut that was going to die...i gave her a prego test and took pic of neg results and sent out text even went talk to princ and vice...they said this is common....well it shouldn't be...i grounded my daughter and the mom of my daughters friend told me i was over reacting....when u receive death threats i feel that by sending pic of neg test and punishment for my kids lie is justifiable!!!!!!! very angry and unnerved!!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:04 AM
You did not overreact lies like that can ruin a kids life last thing she needs is a reputation of being a slut when she's not. I would have grounded her too lies can be very damaging she needs to learn that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
canog08
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:50 AM

this. agree

Quoting Tinavaz:

You didn't overact! She lied and got herself in a very bad situation she needs to learn to do the right thing mommy can not fix everything. Maybe less time with that friend might be good for her.

Quoting luvhugz08:

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I don't think you over reacted but what she did sounds like that movie I think it's called "fat like me" Where a very pretty and skinny girl set out on a mission for a blog or something and she was transformed into a fat girl in high school just to see how the two were treated different. I can see why she would do it. Maybe it was to prove a point.

I hope you get it straightened out though

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Quoting Tinavaz:

Quoting luvhugz08:

You are right, but I hope it was just a rumor!

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Quoting babie113:

You did not overreact lies like that can ruin a kids life last thing she needs is a reputation of being a slut when she's not. I would have grounded her too lies can be very damaging she needs to learn that.

No but what if it was the truth....teens will not tell the truth when they are caught.

Vcoskey
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Here's to hoping your daughter WAS lying and isn't in fact lying just to you.

I'd nurture that relationship a bit more - find out why she felt the need to spread the rumor in the first please (acceptance? Peer pressure? Popularity?)...and try and get more to the root of the problem rather than texting out photos of a pregnancy test which only serves to allow people into your personal business even more - business which is none of THEIRS. She needs to learn to fight her own battles - especially at 15, and especially ones that she created. If someone is threatening to KILL your supposedly pregnant teenager - a texted photo isn't going to do a damn bit of good.
babie113
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM

then shes got bigger problems that need to be adressed also ...time for the talk if its not already been done .

Quoting PurpleHazey:

Quoting babie113:

No but what if it was the truth....teens will not tell the truth when they are caught.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting babie113:

then shes got bigger problems that need to be adressed also ...time for the talk if its not already been done .

Quoting PurpleHazey:

Quoting babie113:

Nicely put!

ggso59
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Hi :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)