Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Where do you get hair cuts, when you can get them?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:48 PM
  • 43 Replies

We have to do Super Cuts because the price is right. I am not always totally thrilled with it, but I can work with it for the kids and I. My son had his done at sports cut and spiked it, he is going to have to keep it spiked until it grows out because they gapped it some. I didn't notice until two days later since he kept it spiked. One day after a shower I noticed how uneven it is......sigh. You get what you pay for I guess.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:53 PM

i go to a local salon.  just a cut is about a 10 months worth of supercut haircuts.

my DS gets his done at home (but it costs us $50 in the end)

DD gets her haircut with me, kids cuts where i go are usually about $40 for a cut and blow

DH goes every 2 weeks to the barber, thats about $30 (with tip) a month

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Sigh.  My dh is the only one who can do his at home. He just buzz's it as he is bald on top, LOL.  I really can't afford a good salon. When I find a job, I hope that will change. 

autiemama516
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I go to Smartstyle or Cost cutters. I have tried the local beauty school and I like that too!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I have never heard of Smartstyle or Cost cutters...using a beauty school might be a good idea, since super cuts doesn't do perms.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:49 PM
My mom cuts my boys hairs... Which is just bizarre, as she does not cut hair! Lol!

I really, really, really need a haircut. I haven't had one since July.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah I usually go almost a year between hair cuts. This time it was ony 5 months.....woot woot.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
When I take the kids we go to supercuts but dh likes a family owned salon I think the local salon he uses is no better than supercuts, but charges more. Every once in a while I go to a good salon but supercuts is fine for maintenance
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM
2 moms liked this
A local Aveda salon called Z Salon and spa. My kids get their hair cut there as well but not in the same day as me.
Every 6 weeks I make a day of it there, hair cut, color, manicure, facial and massage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM

That is a dream for me, a day of pampering. 

Quoting Paperfishies:

A local Aveda salon called Z Salon and spa. My kids get their hair cut there as well but not in the same day as me.
Every 6 weeks I make a day of it there, hair cut, color, manicure, facial and massage.

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:53 PM

The last couple years, I've been getting my hair cut at Ulta in October, when they offer free haircuts for a $10 or more donation to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.  When I got it done there in 2011, I was absolutely thrilled with the haircut.  I usually end up leaving salons frustrated and with a haircut that isn't how I described I wanted it, but the guy who did it that time did an awesome job.  Needless to say, he got a good tip.  Last year, though, I got stuck with a really obnoxious, rude stylist who outright refused to cut my hair the way I wanted it.  It was not some outrageous cut, either.  It was short, and she kept saying she didn't have the time to cut it that short.  Well, she ended up taking longer than the guy the previous year took, and she cut off a lot less hair than he did.  Plus, she just did a lousy job.  This year, I may just go to Fantastic Sams.  That's where the rest of the family goes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)