Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

5 minutes...

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM
  • 11 Replies

just let me have 5 freaking minutes!

I go in the bathroom to get 5 minutes of peace and quiet... I leave the door cracked so I can still hear everything in the house and keep an ear out for any trouble... DS, 7, perfectly content watching his cartoons so I think I will get 5 minutes to myself. WRONG! The darn dog sticks her head in and looks at me...I closed the door all the way so the dog can't stare at me... she panics! Scratching, putting her paws under the door and pulling the bathroom rug out into the hallway UNDER the door, whining...then here comes the cat. OMG kill me now...he starts reaching under the door, I'm watching this paw and leg come under the door and make a batting motion like "come out come out wherever you are"...then all of a sudden the paw disappears, the cat is slammed into the door by the dog who thinks its play time.

5 minutes are up... "mom!? can I have... (insert object/food/drink)"
*facepalm* oh well... get up and go get DS what he is asking for... dog and cat find something else to do, try to get 5 minutes again... and it starts all over again!

I just want 5 minutes, 5 minutes with no interruptions, no screaming, no animals, no nothing...

screaming

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs!!!!!!!

I admit I cracked up over your dog and cat though!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hippie.Gypsy
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Hugs!!!!!!!

the dog and cat are worse than kids... i swear if they can't see you they both panic like you fell off the face of the planet.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol!!!! High maintenance fur babies!!!!!

Quoting Hippie.Gypsy:

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Hugs!!!!!!!

the dog and cat are worse than kids... i swear if they can't see you they both panic like you fell off the face of the planet.

nurse1997
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Dont feel bad my animals look for me to if im in the bath room and if the kids are looking for me they just open the door to talk  -  moms are never off limits-   my animals are just as bad as my kids when it come to the sex radar  we cant catch a break ;]

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:43 PM
lol! I totally get that. :)
Hippie.Gypsy
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I am just thankful I don't have my horses in the house, or near the house, they'd probably be hanging their heads in the windows to see where I am too lol.

Just, I get 5 from the child and everyone else shows up.

Jers.
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I remember once my son trying to open the bathroom door, I said "mommy needs her privacy please!" and he yelled "Okay I'll go get it for you".  No idea what he was looking for, but I was able to pee in peace for once!

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM

When my kids were young I couldn't even have a min alone in the bathroom

Chakita0912
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I understand. Hope that you get it soon. Mayb when your DH gets home go for a walk.

Hippie.Gypsy
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Quoting Chakita0912:

I understand. Hope that you get it soon. Mayb when your DH gets home go for a walk.

Lol, its just me and the 3-tent circus :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)