Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Question for renters

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM
  • 52 Replies

We are in the middle of buying a rental house and it needs all appliances. Do most landlords supply the refridgerator? Would you be more likely to rent a house if it came with a washer/dryer, or would you already have your own and it would be a pain for you?

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArmyMom0367
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:54 PM

In CA it is normal to only supply the stove and dishwasher (if there is one.) The renter is expected to supply their own washer/dryer and fridge if it is a house, condo, or townhome. Some apartments supply washer/dryers IF there are hook-ups. In doing it this way there is less the owner is responsible to fix. You should also require they obtain renters insurance in case their appliances cause damage (most likely water.)

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:56 PM
We have tons of rental property, and we supply all major appliances.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calimom1123
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Im in ca too and most rental homes,duplexes dont have appliances. Some apts do but not all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Smashsmom
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I'm in Iowa. The refridgeator and stove are always supplied with rentals. Places that have a washer and dryer are much more appealing because going to a laundrymat is a pain.  I've actually noticed every rental with a washer and dryer rents a little higher than similar units without.

haileys_mommy06
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM
We rent our home. It came with everything but a washer and dryer, but that's because we already had our own. If we didn't, our landlord was more than happy to bring some in for us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iHEAVENn
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:22 PM

We have found it is about 50/50 on the Fridge... We are more likely to rent houses with the fridge and washer and dryer etc than without. 

Momof2Stepof3
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Not all landlords supply refrigerators. If I was looking at 2 places 1 didn't have washer/dryer and other place did I'd take the one with washer/dryer. BTW I'm in California.

Quoting Lindalou907:

We are in the middle of buying a rental house and it needs all appliances. Do most landlords supply the refridgerator? Would you be more likely to rent a house if it came with a washer/dryer, or would you already have your own and it would be a pain for you?

malexander2009
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:28 PM

We had to supply every thing ourselves.

We are a family of 6. We love God. We love the Bible and believe it is the living Word. We believe in Salvation through Grace by Faith is the only way to Heaven. We are pro-traditional family. We are pro-proper discipline. We are pro-life. We do not vax. We are for breastfeeding to 1, any thing after that using a cup or bottle even is fine. DS got my milk until I dried up with DD and DS2 at 5 months, DS1 was 20 months. We are pro-circumcision. You will not get a rise out of me. You ask my opinion I give it. I do not get in arguments over the internet about petty subjects such as the ones I have listed. Don't like it tough don't take my advice then.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:29 PM
I'm in AZ we've lived in 3 rentals here. Only 1 came with a fridge, none with washer & dryer. I think it's 50/50 whether tenants want all appliances. Some people have them, some don't.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I am in MI, most places here come with major appliances.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)