Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Ways to make my self look better in court

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:14 AM
  • 27 Replies

Ok so here it is, My husband cheated on me. He was all over me Christmas day and went to a party and got with this girl on December 28th of this year. He is still Married to me but is with her. I have no address to serve him at.

I'm looking for ways to make my self look better in the courts eyes and to better my self. I'm looking to get full custody of our son and our unborn daughter. I want him to have supervised visitation and for his girlfriend not to be allowed around our children. I also want him to do a drug test and take Parenting/Anger management classes.

What are things I can do to make the judge look and be like wow kind of thing?

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:18 AM
2 moms liked this

The Judge makes those decisions, I have spent a lot of time in the courtroom with my brother and I hate to say it but these women want everything and they want to call the shots, I am having a hard time understanding why these women make it so hard on the children, I understand you are hurt and bitter but it is the children who need both parents. I have seen and heard the most lies in family courts and the only ones who are getting hurt are the children. Put your bitter feeling away and think about the kids!

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM
First hire an attorney.
Then make sure you have a home, job, and way to take care of your children without him.
Document anytime he makes contact with you about the children.
DO NOT let him or anyone in his family have your child alone until after court.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
finlyhappy65
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

From what you said, it doesn't look like any reasons for supervised visitation.  My friend's xw took off with their daughter and when he won full custody she ran and it took 3 weeks to find her and the child and STILL she gets unsupervised visitation.  My brother's xw is a meth head and the kids have talked to the courts, CPS, etc... about no food, not allowed in the house at all in the summer (they sleep in tents), withholding toilet paper as a punishment, and STILL she gets unsupervised visitation.

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:52 PM
All I can say is good luck!! I know nothing about this stuff.
Just remember, even though he's a dick, he's still your children's dad. If he's a good father, let him continue to be one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mama_Gleich
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 5:52 PM

So, you want full custody and limited visitation because your husband cheated on you?

Unless your ex DH has made actions that makes him an "unfit parent", not unfit husband, I don't think a judge would limit his visitation. And unless your ex DH has a drug problem or anger problem why would you want him to take these classes?

with that being said, best way would probably be to hire an attorney.

USM0MMY
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Honestly, from what you have shared in your OP, I do not see any reason for your ex to have supervised visitations or anger management classes. Is there a reason that you feel that this is important?

If all your reasoning is b/c he cheated on you, then it doesn't seem like the courts are going to end up favoring you. Infact, I would almost recommend that you avoid going to court if at all possible. I would first try the route of mediation.

AnonyMOUSE715
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I feel like there's more to the story than cheating. Please explain why the drug test and anger classes are important, so I can form an opinion based on your facts... The only thing you can say about cheating is that he wasn't there for you so what makes them feel he'd stick around for the kid? Also that you don't want random females around your kid whom you don't know unless he has a steady girlfriend once you seperate whom you've met. I know you're angry but kids need both parents. Is he a good father? This is infedelity. You need to take him to court for INFEDELITY. NOW. You will win that quicker than this. I don't see a reason for supervised visitation unless there's more to the story. They will probably do joint custodys like give him weekend visitation.... good luck girlie just remember that's your babys dad.
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Judges hear extreme dramas all day long. They are not going to be "wowed" by much.

Get an attorney - but I agree with the others... Unless there is a lot more to this story, I don't hear grounds to limit visitation.
mbc324
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I surely wouldnt go into court demanding his girlfriend cant be around the kids. I have seen that a few times and the judge didnt like it, unless of course there is a good reason for it. They wont grant that just because he cheated with her & you dont like her. You will need a good reason for supervised visitation & anger management classes. You should have things documented, if you have been abused you should have police reports. You need proof of things before you can go into court and just ask for this stuff because he cheated and you are mad. You may get told by the judge to grow up & think about your kids.

CharlotteRose
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:02 AM
This

Quoting mbc324:

I surely wouldnt go into court demanding his girlfriend cant be around the kids. I have seen that a few times and the judge didnt like it, unless of course there is a good reason for it. They wont grant that just because he cheated with her & you dont like her. You will need a good reason for supervised visitation & anger management classes. You should have things documented, if you have been abused you should have police reports. You need proof of things before you can go into court and just ask for this stuff because he cheated and you are mad. You may get told by the judge to grow up & think about your kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)